1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School problems. Hardly gay related.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by mikeyjames17, Nov 21, 2008.

1. mikeyjames17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok well I'm basically doing awful in school at the moment. And its my own fault and i've realised this. Basically this week i've missed every media lesson, because...well i have no friends in that class. The only friends i had all went weird on me when i came out. So now i just don't like being around them, so i missed the lessons and i had the teacher ring home and check on me. So now my parents are involved. Also in psychology i had to do this essay which i had no idea over, my own fault again. I just lack the ability to absorb things in class. I listen but an hour later i've forgotten it. So i eneded up basicaly copying my friends essay. So i'm doing awful in two out of three subjects and I just feel like a complete failure this week. Mother dearest is in hospital as she is having treatment on her leg. But i don't want to use that as an excuse for being distracted. I have caught up with the work, apart from this essay i am half way through re-doing. I just hate that i've acted so immature and missed the lessons. I feel so ashamed, and its over something so small. I admit i do come across as lazy when it comes to work, but this is because i lack basic knowledge, so i'm always the dumbass not understanding the simplist thing and i don't ask in fear of looking a knob.
    I also don't know if im ready for university, but im being pressured into making a decision and I just wanna scream and run away from it all and have no responisibilites. I am such a child over this i do realise, but hell year 13 is bloody hard. Anyways i will close this and continue with my essay =/

2. biisme

I'm sorry that school is not going well and that it's hard. However, even if you have no friends in your media class it's still important to go because that's obviously the only way to do well in it. Do you take notes in your classes? If you do take notes, does it help you to learn the material?

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you know you've been immature, and you shouldn't've skipped the lessons, then you've learned the only lesson worth learning from that little episode.

Stop looking backward. Start looking forward.

You know where you are. You know what you need to do to get back on track. Go back to the lessons, focus on THAT (not on what your friends may or may not be thinking about you). If you're having trouble retaining information, then do what you have to. Take really good notes during class, and then, once you get home, start all over again. Reread your notes, reread the text book, look stuff up online, and re-teach yourself everything you've learned. Give your brain a second chance to get that info in there. (You'll no doubt recognize a lot of the stuff the second time around - that means some of it got in.) Some people learn visually - they read it and remember it. Some people learn aurally - they hear it and remember it. Some people learn tactilely - they feel it and remember it. Try them all out. Reread your notes. Repeat the stuff out loud to yourself. Rewrite the facts and information onto a piece of paper, to help "trace" the information into your head.

Ask questions during class. If you feel you're starting to get looks, and don't want to ask questions anymore, go see your teachers after class. You don't have to leave class or the teacher's office) with a total understanding of everything. But you should at least have a grasp of what's going on, and where you're headed.

Lex