1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How would you feel?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by purplecats, Apr 20, 2015.

1. purplecats

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi everyone! So a few months ago I came out to my best friend. She told me she didn't really care and everything was good. When I see her now things are kind of awkward though and we just ignore the fact that I came out to her. Her younger sister is someone who I also consider a friend. Her sister is also very vocal about her support of the LGBT community. I think she would be a great person to come out to and I think I could actually talk to her about things. I don't really want to tell my best friend that I'm going to come out to her sister, I think it would just make things uncomfortable. I'm afraid when she finds out I told her sister she'll be mad though. I feel like she'll think I'm going behind her back. So I was just wondering if any of yall have been in the same situation and how you would feel about it if you were my best friend.

2. Gymskirtboy

Gymskirtboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,
    I'm struggling with coming out to friends at the moment. Its tearing me apart how to do it without ending up with no friends at all. I suppose you could look at it like a friend who wont accept your gay is not really a friend at all. But its hard fro some people, you have to consider how they were brought up. Society has always looked on us a weirdos and freaks.

(Love your avatar by the way!!!!)
    Jim