1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I stupid?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BeautifulStranger, Nov 22, 2008.

1. BeautifulStranger

Okay, so more Mike related drama

Last night we talked for 29 minutes... which is the longest conversation we've had in over 3 months.

Anyways, even though I promised I wouldn't bring up the things Dylan told me, I did. Mike didn't get upset with me. In fact, he answered in the affirmative to two of the three things I brought up.

He said that yes, he did have 2 years of college paid for in financial aid. Which means he didn't join the army for money reasons alone.
    He said that no, Steve's family did not try and convince him he's not gay.
    And, the worst, and the source of my discomfort, he said yes, in the past he and Steve's relationship was that of 'fuck buddies' but it is no longer that anymore.

I have no idea how to feel.
    I believe that he and Steve aren't screwing around anymore. But I'm still absolutely uncomfortable with the thought that whenever Mike isn't with the army, he's going to be at that house.
    Oh! And surprise! Mike is getting a legal name change... and he's being adopted by Steve's parents. He even referred to them as 'his parents'.

I feel so sick when I think of that.

Am I stupid for not voicing my concerns and my feelings? Am I stupid for just sitting silently and listening to these things?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, but I'm starting to wonder why you're sticking it out with him...

Lex

3. BeautifulStranger

Well, I thought the same thing
    But if he didn't care for me like he said he did, he wouldn't have put so much time and effort into this relationship which was long-distance from the very beginning.

Gar! I hate boys!

4. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Me too. Become Antoinette and I'll do something similar... I don't want to be a boy anymore, they suck. LOL.

But seriously speaking I agree with Lex here. I think you deserve better... maybe some hot German boy?

5. Amy

Amy

I agree with Fred on both accounts. Boys suck and you deserve more.

I'm making that three. Germans are fucking hot.

But you should have voiced your opinons. You're not "stupid" for not saying anything, I probably wouldn't have. Bring it up again and say what you think, in a nice-ish way.

6. EM68

Your not stupid. But you should tell him how your feel, especially with their history. If you don't you my build up resentment. If he cares about you he will listen to what you have to say. If he does not and gets offended, he may not be worth it.

7. BeautifulStranger

I still haven't said anything because I'm still so happy for his honesty in the first place. A few months ago, Mike wouldn't have admitted to me about he and Steve's past relationship.
    When Steve first appeared, I voiced my concerns saying he's acting the way he did the first time he cheated on me.
    Yeah... I know. The fact that he cheated in the first place should be a deal breaker, but I was cheating on him at the same time with the same guy. No lie.

Another big issue that he resolved without even knowing there was a problem was the fact that he'd never acknowledge me when I said 'I love you' or 'you mean the world to me'.
    Well, he just called me and like usual I said: I love you Mike. You're my everything.
    His response (which caught me by surprise): I love you too. And you're mine as well.

8. Jesse Jinx

I feel like I'm a little late to the party, and I might not know the whole story, but I'll throw in my two cents anyway. This seems like a really high mateniance relationship. It would tear me apart.
    You're certianly not stupid, just try and really get everything smoothed out next time you talk.
    Hope to hear more on your story. <3

9. -Michael-

Before reading anything other than the title i answer yes :slight_smile:

And now i've read it, i just can't follow.
    I guess i don't know the whole story.