1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poem about being in the closet.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by woahthatsboring, Apr 21, 2015.

1. woahthatsboring

Thinking about my experience so far and how confusing this questioning process is, I came up with this poem. I just wrote it so any feedback is always welcome and let me know if I'm not the only one who feels like this (*hug*). I'm usually known for writing poetry really well so I hope this is decent. It's called Blissfully Ignorant.

Knock. There's a skeleton in my closet waiting to be let out.

One, that's all it took to turn into two.
    And two was all it took to turn into three and four.
    You see, I'm not exactly sure if I regret ever meeting you all or ever falling in love but somewhere in between I was blissfully ignorant.

Knock. There's a skeleton in my closet.

And I can't let her out, she begs for the sun light and begs for the chance to spread her wings.
    I guess she's just like me, blissfully ignorant.

The last one left me speechless. I trembled a little inside, watched as she smirked because she noticed I was following the curves of her lips all the way to the curves of her body.
    She knew me and my blissful ignorance all to well.
    It's a shame I had to let that one go.
    Guess I'll always remain blissfully ignorant.

And my parent says "at least you're not gay or something"
    They're right.
    I'm not.
    I'm just blissfully ignorant.

2. Ortensia

Ortensia Guest

This is really good :slight_smile: I think we've all been there, in that situation. Writing poetry always helps me vent my feelings so I hope that writing it all down gave you some comfort.

Always happy to chat if you need me xxx

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I really like the 'structure' if you will; the recurring "Knock..." I particularly like the first verse (after the first Knock). It's really nice! :slight_smile:
    Take care, honey *hugs* <3