1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A nightmare

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TerraSonitus, Apr 22, 2015.

1. TerraSonitus

Out Status:
    Some people
    I just woke up from a nightmare, I came out and was almost killed by my step-dad. But this is recurring.
    I'm guessing this is my subconscious proving I'm not ready to come out to my parents
    (as if they don't prove that themselves)

2. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's normal to be anxious about coming out and anxiety dreams can be pretty weird.
    Nearly all parents love their children no matter what! A lot are pretty cool about gays to start with, Most, including the very religious, will take a little time to get their heads 'round it, the very rare few are religious nutters (lost causes).
    If they are anyway reasonably good your parents can be a great support. If they are bad, (unlikely), it can be hell. Check out their attitude to gay people and gay issues in general.
    But most importantly only come out when you are totally ready and no sooner.
    PS welcome to this motley collection of LGBT supporters. (&&&)
    :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

3. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It was just a dream. Base your decisions on how your parents act when you are awake. Your mind is simply going through what-if scenarios while you are sleeping, so you will know how to deal with situations correctly when you are awake. Don't put a whole lot of concern into it.