Help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ShadyTilIDie87, Apr 24, 2015.

1. ShadyTilIDie87

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have been interested into being with a woman and I have in the past but I don't know how to tell my husband that I have secretly been wanting a woman. So confused and don't know what to do :frowning2: help me please:bang::help:

2. Lyana

Hi ShadyTilIDie87. I think one of the main things is to figure out (or tell us) why you want to tell your husband.

- Do you want to tell him just so he knows you better and you think he deserves to?
    - Or do you want to tell him because you hope to get something out of it: a separation, an open relationship, a threesome?

Another thing is, why do you say you're confused? Are you confused about your orientation?

Knowing that, it could be easier to give you advice. You haven't really said much here. Try not to stress it too much, though. You're on the right forum for help.

3. ShadyTilIDie87

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people

Hello Lyana,

I would like an open relationship because I still love him. I have just been wanting to be with a woman for awhile.

We have had 1 threesome and I loved it but I don't know if he did.

And yes I am confused....I feel as I am bisexual but I've never came out as that. I guess I have been to nervous.

My mother was Bi and so is my aunt but I'm afraid of hurting my husband. Fear is what is holding me back

4. Lyana

Ah, all right. That's another can of worms, then. It's not really coming out to your husband, it's also bringing up the possibility of an open relationship. Telling a partner you want to open up the relationship is difficult because you don't want to hurt the other person, but how do you tell them you want to have sex with someone else without making them feel like they're inadequate and "not enough for you"?

I'd say the most important thing is that opening a relationship can't fix it, if the relationship isn't good and fulfilling to begin with. You sound like you love your husband and I hope that won't be a problem, but I thought it was worth mentioning anyway.

You're probably going to have to test the waters first, if you've never mentioned the possibility of an open relationship before. If there's a TV show with characters in an open relationship, or a movie, you might want to "accidentally" watch it with your husband, and then use that to prompt a discussion on non-monogamous relationships and see how he reacts, what he thinks about them. Some people are very against any form of non-monogamy and view it as infidelity. You could also talk about the threesome you had, since you've said you don't know if he loved it. Just say you happened to be thinking about it and bring it up like any other past moment you two have shared.

If he doesn't seem completely against open relationships in general, then you can maybe mention your fantasies of being with a woman to him. I don't want to generalize, but some straight men find the idea of two women together exciting, so you could introduce the idea as part of your "sexy talk," if you will, and again, see how he reacts.

If and when you do talk to him about opening your relationship, make sure to tell him that he's the one you love, that you still want him, and you want the life you two have together, and nothing is going to change that -- provided, of course, you do feel that way. It's important to reassure him, because he may feel destabilized and like he's suddenly not fulfilling you.

And know that this is a decision you two have to make together, and if he's not cool with it, then the relationship is going to have to stay closed.

5. ShadyTilIDie87

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Lyana, Thank u so much for your insight. I think I will talk to him soon about it. I'm just nervous. If he doesn't want it, what do I do about my urges to be with a woman?

6. Lyana

If he doesn't agree, then you have to decide what's more important to you: your desire to be with a woman, or your marriage. You can't honestly and fairly have both if he doesn't agree.

7. ShadyTilIDie87

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I talked to him tonight while we were having sex, He said I could be with a woman 1 time. That's fine with me, I am happy with that.

I love my husband and I don't wanna leave him. We have been together 10 years and married 9.

Thanks for the advice :slight_smile:

8. Lyana

I'm glad it went well for you.