1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with girlfriend and mum

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Pixie Incognito, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Pixie Incognito

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I've recently began a relationship with another girl, my best friend for the past four years who is Bi. This started about six months ago and my mum didn't know anything until recently. My mum found out because she spotted a bite mark (I hate the word hickey) on my neck. She was furious saying it was disgusting and she was not happy at all. She went on to ask who did it to which I answered with my girlfriends name. She went on to talk about how she doesn't believe I'm gay at all and that shes asked people whether they have thought I was gay or not. Its now at the point that my whole school year knows about our relationship and my mum only thinks we are 'experimenting'.
    I have really bad anxiety considering my sexuality and my mums reaction has put me back a huge step to the point that I can't talk or think about the conversation she had with me without feeling overly anxious. I get the horrible swishing feeling in my stomach each day before I go to school to see my girlfriend. And I am paranoid that my mum is going to pounce again and make me feel even worse. Because I have Asperger's syndrome and because of that my mum is very scared ill be taken advantage of as I am quite easily influenced but I need some way for my mum to become familiar with the idea that I don't know what I am but I know I'm not straight and to make her listen and not just go off her head at me again. She also doesn't want me to see my girlfriend again without supervision and that means, since I am about to leave school in two days time, I will struggle to see my gf and she is soon going to university! I need to solve this problem without making my anxiety worse and without meaning I have to live without my gf.
    Thank you all for any suggestions of advice for me.

2. Im Hazel

If you are going to university in 2 days, then you must be at least 17, I'd say. At that age, can she really dictate who you go to see? Can't you just ignore her and go on living your life? I assume that you are not totally dependant at this stage. Even if you are, it doesn't sound like she is going to kick you out if you go to see your GF. Still, be careful. Good luck.

3. JohnX

Out Status:
    A few people
    You're mom is worried about you. I think all moms are like that especially when their child is going to uni for the first time. And the fact that you are still questioning and exploring your sexuality makes your mom more worried. Prove to your mom that you're a grown up and is not in need of supervision. Never forget to take care of yourself because uni is a different environment :slight_smile: