1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans Help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Birdzy, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Birdzy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi. My name is Ayme. I am transgender MTF. The issue is, I told my mom that and she didn't believe me. We forgot about it. She needs to know. I need help. I need a professional. I need hope. I need whatever I can get.

2. Noodle72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you know if she's accepting of LGBT+ people? If she is, tell her again, and tell her that you really need her to know and you need help. If she's not, then I don't know, but I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

What did she say exactly? I noticed you are 14, so she might be one of those parents that blows teens off as the 'too young to know type' (which is garbage honestly). Maybe give her time to process, find out her view on the LGBT community and try another serious discussion.

4. Salaman

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm in a similar situation. After coming out as trans to my parents, they haven't seemed to accept it. This was about a year ago. Now I haven't further discussed my gender ID after going back and forth with them. You cannot really control about how others feel regardless of how much you educate. I've been counseling for a while and you could say that it helped me cope. But since it's a drastic cost I have mainly been focusing on gaining income and finding another home.

5. Birdzy

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks. More than anything I think I need to connect with a professional.

6. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might have a look here for a few thoughts that might help:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/comin...m-doesnt-know-im-actually-her-daughter.html#2

Just remember this all is a process... simply keep at it..

You might think about getting a good gender therapist, and talking it through with them...
    you might ask at plannedparenthood, a lgbt center, a counselor at school you trust, or look for a gender therapist... if they are not supportive you might look for another...

another option might be to say at home you want counseling, for emotional issues, and look for someone who has gender on their list...
    there are even online conselors...
    if its connected with depression for example it might be covered.

If you want to talk to someone in person you can call here:
    talkline - GLBT National Help Center
    they also have a chat

Trans Lifeline - (877) 565-8860 - Transgender Crisis Hotline

hugs