1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long Distance

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Grantious, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Grantious

hey guyz <3

I've got a new bf... kinda... hahah he just left today to go bak home after staying at my house, in my bed ;-) anyway i like him, he's totaly my type n he's funny and cool but he does live in the next state up...
    do you guys thing its worth pursuing a realtionship with him, like if this turn really serious i hav no problem with moving XD

thanks 4 ya advice
    xo.

2. Miles D

I totally do. I mean, there are a lot of issues that can come of long distance relationships, but if both of you are up to it, I say sure! Go for it!
    :grin:

3. Matty

I am side-line witness to a long-distance relationship at this moment. Its immaturity and stupidity baffles me, so let me give you tips:

Simply take your time....especially if you just met him. There is no way that within a month you can love one another especially if the meetings just began. And besides, taking your time makes a relationship all that much stronger and sustaining.

4. boredofnormal

Any relationship takes time and patience. If you can spend time with him (and not just sex) and the feelings grow and are mutual then you may have something here.

LDRs are hard. I'm doing that right now. It will probably be a year before we can be together full-time. Alot can happen in the course of time and we are both cognitively understanding that, but emotionally, its tough. (we live in different countries - 3000 miles away).

You are really young and you can take some time to figure it out.
    Tim

5. shulbert441

shulbert441 Guest

Well, how often and for how long would you be able to see one another if you were to pursue a relationship? I think that is a very important factor.

Are you willing to commit to him and be faithful even though you may be tempted to go for someone else who lives closer to you if the opportunity arises? I mean, if he think is the ONE for you, go for it, and make every possible effort to keep in touch with him.

How deep are your feelings for him? How long have you known each other? Do you think your relationship is strong enough to withstand the distance?

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Long distance relationships are very hard. My son and his partner dated long distance for two years before my son made the move to be with him. However, some people are worth it. If its meant to be, it will work out. If not, it won't.