1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Love? Or Just a Cruel Joke?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Brett, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Brett

I was on FaceBook late last night, and I git and I'm from a guy I know that said, "Is it true that you're gay?"
    I replied with a "yes," of course, and then he started asking me all kinds of stuff about being gay. Eventually, he toald me that he had a friend that was gay, and not just any friend, a hot friend! Than he said that this friend really liked me!
    I was estatic! I've never had a cute guy like me before! So, after I recovered from the mild shock, I asked him a little more about it, and eventually got his number.
    Then, this morning, I told my best friend about it, and she got me thinking, "what if this isn't real? What if they're just being asses and pulling some sort of sick joke on me?!"
    I worried about that all day, and ended up sending him a text......and he never replied.......
    Then, I was on FaceBook again about an hour and a half ago and he sent me an IM!
    I straight out asked him if he was gay, or if he was just being an ass, and he said that he really is gay! I was beyond relieved!
    Now the only thing is, I don't know whether he like me or not. I need some help and second oppinions on the situation. How do I get him to talk to me about it? Where will we talk about it since we don't have any classes together? What if he likes me? What if he doesn't?

2. Miles D

I'd try to find out: trust but verify!
    Don't get too excited about it, but don't completely write it off. And also, you guys haven't met yet, so don't get your hopes up :slight_smile:

And you can probably talk to him at lunch, or before or after school, right?

3. Brett

Oh, it's not like we haven't met. I've known this guy for years. I just haven't talked with him much since Middle School.
    I had classes with him before, but not this year......

4. Miles D

oOh. that makes it sound a lot less sketch :slight_smile:
    which is def. a good thing!
    haha.
    for sure I'd say go for it!!!

5. musican

I would say talk to him and get to know him better. Then if you want to have a relationship then ask him out. That way you don't waste your time in a pointless relationship. That's just my opinion though, it's you who has to make the final call.

6. shulbert441

shulbert441 Guest

Ahhh, another "too good to be true" situation. I hate those. I say, be completely honest with him. Tell him how you feel and see if he feels the same way. If not, I'm sorry. If so, yay!

7. Mikeyy

The best way is just to ask him.

Snap him up before someone else does!

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd work on talking to him in person. I really doubt that this is just a joke, but if it is, he'll have a lot harder time carrying on the deception to your face than he will in front of a computer screen. Just go hunt him down at school, and say "Thanks for talking to me the other day. It's nice to know somebody else in my position." That's it. And then ask if you can get together after school sometime to chat about things.

Lex

9. Brett

Thanks guys!

I aas thinking the same thing Lex! I was also thinking of giving him the chance to start a conversation. Just walk by him and linger a bit. See if he says "hi" maybe?

10. musican

I think that lingering might work, but it might not; he might not be comfortable with everyone knowing his sexuality so he might avoid talking to you to avoid suspicion. I would definately say that you should talk to him though.
    Good luck, hope it turns out well.

11. n8i2c7k

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Its just my opinion but i would take it slow. If he feels like lingering then linger but if he looks a little uncomfortable ease off. Start it off as pleasant conversation and see were it goes from there. Get to know him better first. Unless of course he straight up tells you he likes you then you dont have to hold back. Other than that just dont hound him.

I hope this helps:slight_smile:

12. Mikeyy

Also, some people can find it awkward talking in person yet completely open up online because they're not face to face. So I'm going to take back what I said before and say "don't push it".

13. tomahto72

tomahto72 Guest

That is an absolute must. Try also to keep this sort of thing close to your chest i.e dont tell too many people because he or his freinds etc. may feel a bit uncomfortable if you star boasting (i know I wouldn't like it). Just when in a conversation keep it informal and make it feel like a chat between friends rather than a relationship chat that feels like someone else has set up for you.

Good luck in your man hunting :icon_wink