1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need your advice please

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by youngbuck, Apr 28, 2015.

1. youngbuck

Alright here it goes lol. Okay I have had many relationships with females. I have also had a relationship with a guy. I am in the closet. I just recently met this awesome guy and we clicked and haven't been able to stop talking since. I want to come out to my family and always have wanted to come out. but I always date females to cover up. My mom has always been there for me and has always told me that no matter what she will always love me.
    I have a feeling that she knows but dont say anything. I'm more worried about my step-dad and my biological dad and brothers. I know my own brother wouldn't let me see my nieces and nephews if I told him I was gay. Even though a few of our cousins are gay and he doesn't stop them from visiting. We do t have the best relationship. As for my dad I am the only one that will carry on my name and I feel like he will be disappointed in me but then again his step son is gay so idk. But my step dad I really don't know how he will handle it. I just don't wanna lose any of them.

I met this guy on a dating website. I'm 24 he's about to be 22 he lives in Texas and I florida. But I'm also a truck driver so I go through Texas alot and we going to try to make this work. I've told him I'm not "out" yet and he's fine with it. I just wanna feel accepted by others not just him. We have our 3 hr Skype dates every night and we both love looking and seeing each other even though it i s through Skype.

Sorry its so long just wanted to explain it all thanks in advance everyone.

And yes I'm financially stable.

#1 youngbuck, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  2. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If your mom accepts you no matter what she will probably be great about it. It might take the rest of your family a while to get their heads around it.
    No matter how good you think the reaction will be it is perfectly normal to be scared sh1t-less.
    I would suggest you read lots of coming out stories and watch YouTube coming out videos. They helped me a lot.
    Before I came out I assumed one of my brothers was a bit homophobic. He accepted me totally, his reaction was very accepting of me. Another brother's reaction was initially shocked then accepting, but would occasionally say something ignorant.
    For me coming out meant that I could relax and didn't have to pretend any more.

The only thing I'll say about coming out is only do it in a way and place that feels right for you.

Best of luck.