1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i Scare myself

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Weazel, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Weazel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i was thinking about this stuff to day during school and idk why i was i just was bord and thinking about my future and then i got a weard fealing and i was asking my self-

-is life worth it i mean is there a point in life
    -is there a god
    -what will i do with my life
    -is there such thing as love
    -will i find someone to love
    -what will my mark be on life after me
    -what is my perpous in life

I don't know why i was thinking of these things. i sometimes do just to dream at how my life will be (how i will be the best at every thing), but today i thought of how that it might turn out all wrong and for some reason it just got me depresed

2. Jesse Jinx

I feel you. I think of these things all the time and I wonder "Does anyone else my age wonder these things?" You feel like a philospher sometimes. :grin:

No worries, You're just a deep person. You've got a foresight to wonder and consider how things are going to be for you later on in life. If it upsets you, try hanging around some immature friends. People who like to live in the moment, and just kinda mess around. Nothing major, just have a good time. :grin:

Good luck!

3. biisme

If you focus on everything that can go wrong, then you won't be able to appreciate what's going right, or what's happening right now.

I don't think it's unsual to wonder these things, and it is prudent to think of the future, but make sure that it doesn't control you. Don't let the unknown get you down! (*hug*)

4. sexyalex

lmao! :lol:

this is the reason why I just don't think too hard about my future unless its what I will be wearing to that party on saturday night :wink: ie. u must of been really bored.

I think as it relates to the whole God thing ur not alone in the boat and many poeple have asked themselves that question wihtout being bored. Its a worldwide controvercy. I honestly can't help yu in that department and I know personally for me I don't want anyone reassuring me of a God or faith in anything so its all up to u really.

About the love thing. Sure you can. Heck u can love anyone you want. Usually the problem is the other loving you back. :shrug: That again is up to you and up to the people you choose to fall in love with. Its nothing you need to worry about for now really. Your just 16, pardon me but lol idk, I guess when I was ur age I was too busy thinking about collage drama. :lol:

Another fact; love often happens to people onconciously or when they are not trying. So try that? :slight_smile: Your all young and fresh so don't worry about it.

5. musican

We sound a lot alike; we're both gay, 16 and out to a few friends and mom, and we both think about what life means. I know how depressing that can get because I do it so much. I just have to say that you have to make sure not to get into the habit of doing it because you will get stuck doing; I've done it for so long that it has become a habit and it has become easier to do it than not to do it even though it is so unhealthy. I get really sad when I'm around a couple because I feel like I'll never have that; I live in a town where homosexuality isn't very accepted and I haven't met gay people so I don't see anyone I could actually go out with. I envy straight people because they have it easy and I have to remin myself that high school won't mean a thing when I get into the real world and I have college and the rest of my life to look forward to. I know that when you're thinking, the negative things seem to stack up, but try to remember that there are good things, there are things to look forward to. Let me know if you want to talk more.

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, personally I don't think so but I could be wrong, whatever you'd like, yes, probably, not sure yet, and finding it's half the battle.

When I'm in my depressive states, I find myself somewhat detached from reality. I see my lifetime as a definite chunk of time, with a beginning and end, and get obsessed with "what it all means". When I'm not depressed, I don't - I'm too busy living it. And that's the way to go, I think.

Focus on living your life. Keep going to school, try new things, find out what makes you tick, what turns you on, what makes you happy. Find your own purpose in life, and then get to work on fulfilling it. And if you find yourself obsessing over these questions, go see your doctor.

Lex

7. Weazel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks

i was im one of my depressed states (dosen't happen very often ) and i just was like WOW what does it all mean and all that good junk

but now its ok

p.s. im normaly pretty pestamistic too anyway but happy for the most part

8. Keegan4Strings

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yes. Every life has a purpose, that purpose is to live, and to leave this world changed. Even if you only influence one person in your whole life, that one person may have influenced a thousand more people, but only because you helped them when they needed it. Every life has its own purpose, they all fit together by gods will.

YES. I don't know if it's jesus, allah, buhdda, or whoever. But there is a higher being than us, and maybe even a higher being than that higher being. Go study reproduction, it will be made obvious.

What is your passion in life? Everybody is put on this Earth to do something or other. For example, my math teacher was put here to teach math, no doubt. She absolutely is crazy about math! She absolutely is in love with it. It's insane but wonderful, and she is living out her passion and helping other people through it.

Yes. I know a girl who has been on and off with a guy for four years. He has cheated on her countless times, and done a ton of horrible things that he should get dumped for. But she loves him. I don't understand it, but it's there. She is absolutely IN LOVE with that boy with no boundaries. And i thoroughly commend her for it.

Yes. Everyone has a, or multiple, soulmate(s). It might take awhile, don't fret it =]

That one I can't help with. You need to find that yourself. Maybe your purpose is thining? you seem to be wonderful at it

9. starfish

I think about this stuff from time to time, especially when I am bored. Those are some deep questions you are asking your self and they have a lot of detail and can be overwhelming. It is not unusual for something so overwhelming to be depressing. I think it is normal to think about from time to time, if it was an all the time thing there might be an issue.

What I hate is when I start contemplating the universe. How it has all of these people and things in it. How I can only see it from my point of view. How to me it only exists for me and that everything else is just a character in this play. That everyone else has the same point of view. That the universe existed before I was alive, but from point of view it did not start to exist until I was about 30 months old. Then after I die it will continue to exist, but for me it will no longer exist. That is the point that my brain starts to hurt, then I get confused and sad.

10. xequar

I could go through and answer all of your questions. However, the answers would be MY answers, not yours, and therefore would not necessarily be accurate for you.

Here's some advice that I hope is worth something. You say you thought of how it all might turn out wrong. Yep, that's entirely true. Here's a question, though: How do you define "wrong?" Is it based on money and prestige? Is it based on how close to your "plan" your life comes out? Is it based on what your parents or spouse or society believes is success?

Or, is it based on something else, like your happiness, perhaps? That's an important distinction to make.

Yes, every single thing that you've planned could go wrong. You could plan to go to college to become a pharmacist and wind up getting a music degree. You could plan to have a new car at age 20, and wind up driving a 15-year-old beater with 200,000 miles on it. You could plan to have a house and a dog and live in the suburbs, and that could all fall apart too.

So what if it does? Are you still happy?

So what if you're driving an old car. Does it start and get you to work safely? So what if you change majors. Did you get a job doing something you love, and are you able to pay your bills? So what if every single thing turns out "wrong?" So what if you get a chicken salad sandwich every time you order a tuna melt?

So what if it all does go wrong? You know what? Then it does.

The question to ask when considering the future and the direction of the Universe is not, "What if it all goes wrong?" That question is a red herring, a ruse, a dead-end path. The real question to ask is, "If it all goes wrong, how will I deal with it?

How you deal with the Universe when things start going wrong is what's important, because rest assured, it WILL all go wrong. Maybe that one class you need to graduate just kills you and you fail. Maybe you get the degree you want and find out the job market in that field sucks. Maybe you get the house in the suburbs, then lose your job and can't afford the mortgage. It happens, and it's called life. If you sit around waiting for some god to pick you up and carry you to the finish line, or sit around moping about how shitty everything is, or focusing on how bad everything's gotten all while forgetting the good stuff, you will get entirely different results than if you grab the Universe by the balls and take initiative and enjoy the good times and the company of good friends.

And if you do take charge and DEAL with the stuff that goes wrong, you won't need to worry about what will happen when it does.