1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by snowflakecereal, Apr 30, 2015.

1. snowflakecereal

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    How important is coming out as something? Why can't I just live my life? Why does a whole ordeal have to be made because I differ from expectation? I know who I am, it's just coming out seems like a huge issue I would have to go through to be comfortable as myself. However I am fully convinced that I would be shunned or disowned. Keeping quiet seems better. Couldn't I just happen to have a girlfriend one day and then acted confused when people are shocked and surprised? I don't know. Just thinking.

2. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's up to you. Some people never specifically come out, but don't hide it either. Others choose to have a very clear coming out.

3. nohalos

You don't have to come out as something if you don't want to. It's your business and don't feel compelled to make it anyone else's.

You can always be just out. You don't have to make a public announcement that you're something. If people ask, you tell them. If they don't ask, don't tell. Simple as that.