1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surprise mom, i'm not straight !

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by still ill, May 1, 2015.

1. still ill

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey everybody,
    Do you think its a good idea to tell your parents about how you're questioning sexuality even if your not sure what your orientation is? I find women sexually attractive and am really adamant about pursuing a relationship with one (it would be my first) but I see myself romantically attracted to both women and men (with much less of a sexual attraction to men). Don’t get me wrong I sometimes find men sexually attractive, but its not the same I feel when thinking of women. I don’t have experience with either gender but this is just what I truly feel after years of confusion. Do you think it’s a good idea to come clean and try to explain this to them or should I continue to live in the closet? It’s really starting to get to me...

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends on your relationship with your parents and how they are likely to react. If they are reasonably open and accepting people and you have nothing to lose, I would tell them how you feel as it's better than living in the closet. By your own admission, it's getting to you.