1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Came Out as Bi

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Foxfeather, May 2, 2015.

1. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I left a note for my cousin on the dinner table and, when he comes back from work, he'll see it. He's the person that I wanted to tell the most about me being bi because he's so close to me, like a brother.

It took me years to come to terms with this. The note's sealed and it's left there and I won't be pulling it back, but I almost wish that I can or could.

If I could find the guts to do this, so can you. I wish all of you lovelies the best when you also find the courage to come out.

I wasn't born part-gay...it was more like...I was born without a desire for either gender, really. I didn't really question my sexuality till maybe middle school and that's when everyone started growing up a bit into little men and women. So I don't know how it is like for you, but quite honestly, if you weren't "born" gay or "born" straight, don't take the crap from the people who claim that they were born a certain way and you can only be born into gayness or straightness. Also, don't take any crap from anyone who says that bisexuality isn't real...or any other crap about how we're just greedy sex machines.

Bottom line is, We're all on the same team. I NEVER thought I'd be doing this to myself or my family now, at this age, writing a note about how I might not be 100% straight, leaving it on the dinner table for my cousin to read when he comes home. Never, never, never. I never thought I'd "turn" partially gay. But perhaps I never was completely straight. That's the thing. I don't know how it happened, it might've "Just happened" or it might've been something that was there all along and I didn't know it. All that matters is, I'm taking that next step to address an issue in the best way that I can.

So. There's it. Me. Bisexual and no longer wondering if I"m imagining it or if I can "go back" or whether I want to go back. I just am. (&&&)

2. Lyana

Congratulations, Foxfeather. It's great that you've accepted your orientation (being bi is great, I tell you) and had the courage to come out to your cousin. I hope your journey continues to be awesome.

3. Fry

Fry

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I recently came out to my family a few months ago and after I wondered why it took me so long to tell them. I was worried about acceptance and judgement from my family but they love me no matter what and I'm sure your cousin and family will as well.