1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuck Halfway In the Closet---- Help???

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by HarmfulLoverX, May 2, 2015.

1. HarmfulLoverX

Ok, welp-- I have another problem now. It's been a while since I made a thread so uhh--yeeee

I always had an interest in Korean culture and I came up to my parents last night and this morning and I told them that I want to start dressing like a Korean guy. Their eyes got huge and they got mad at me. They are really homophobic parents. So then I told them to let me be and they told me no because they don't want people calling me a lesbian again. That's when I realized that I have to tell them I'm pansexual before they send me off to Catholic school in the summer and make me start dressing more girly and shit. :bang::bang:
    To start off with, I don't know how to tell them. And for sure I will get kicked out of the house. I can't trust my family with this kind of stuff but I just want to tell them to get it off my chest. :shrug:
    They also never take me seriously as well. My dad said that being gay is wrong and that Jesus and God don't appreciate those kinds of people. And again, they have gay friends themselves. I'm stuck in the closet but the only people that know are my friends.
    How do I deal with it? In need of advice/solution desperately. :tears:

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhqH-r7Xj0E[/YOUTUBE]

2. Queenbii

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well, let me just tell you now that I'm 15 and bi and that sounds like the hottest thing ever to me, I LOVE KOREAN MEN, AND I LOVE WOMEN. COMBINED SOUNDS AMAZING! (ahem) Maybe this will help (I hope) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYoapICIfeE

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    That's simply awful. May I ask, how do you feel about your parents? Are you close, may I ask?

The rights to dress the way you like and be attracted to whoever the f*** you like (forgive my language) are fundamental human rights, firmly down on paper that your country signed decades ago. I'm in Amnesty International, I would know. They are basically as close to 'God-given' as it in practice gets, no pun intended.
    I just can't the friggin Jesus card. He said like one thing, ever: Love thy neighbor. He literally did not say a single word about homosexuality.
    I know very little of Texas, but maybe (not at all sure) there are social services which could help you if you'd tell them you don't want your parents to force you to go to Catholic school and you've already told them you don't want to but they say they're going to send you anyway.

I think that telling them you're pan would be a really final thing. It might tear your relationship forever. I don't know whether that would concern you, but would I'm sure would concern you would be that you would either probably have to live under the roof of people who you are very angry at and who are very angry at you, or find yourself in the hands of the social services. You might have to prepare for a shouting match.
    if you go ahead with it, and are not kicked out of the house, you might want to ask one of your friends or someone else if you could stay there.

Feel free to write me anytime, I'll listen and give as good advice as I can! Take care, hugs (*hug*) <3

4. HarmfulLoverX

I'm not really close to them :/
    and with the concerning of my parents and I doesn't really seem important to me. Sure they're my parents but they don't let me be me-- it's horryfing to be someone
    My mom even said earlier that being different is the same as being an alien :tears::tears::tears:
    and for sure my parents would kick me out :icon_sad:
    and thank you for caring it means so much to me, literally. I already get discriminated enough at school and it's nice to know I have someone by my side

---------- Post added 3rd May 2015 at 12:06 AM ----------

heheh ^///////3///////^ suprisingly that cheered me up XD and yeee I loved the video
    thank you sooo much!!!~ (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*) (&&&) :kiss:

5. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth

If you feel like you can't stay under their care until you're able to live on your own (which might be 2, 3 years or more), then make sure you have somewhere practically to turn to in case they would throw you out/you feel like you simply can't live there.
    You might also want to do it over the phone or something, that's probably easier. You could do it at a friend's house perhaps, they could hold your hand and help you build up the courage to do it.
    Once out, maybe you should stay at a friend's place for some time. And make sure that you know all the numbers to the social services, etc., so that you can talk to them, and that you've got as many people on your side as you can including friends, parents of friends, and people in general who can support you.

Only you can decide whether coming out to your parents, and possibly moving out, is necessary and/or desirable. You're going to have to weigh the pros and cons. I think the first question to ask is do I care if they know, and would I prefer living somewhere else?
    If the answer is 'no, I don't care, yes I would prefer living somewhere else.' then you have to ask yourself what is holding you back - is it that it's scary or something else...? And then you're going to have to make some kind of strategy for how to go about this as smoothly as possible, if that is what you want...

Hope that helps at all! ^^ I'm mostly trying to convey that there are many possible ways to go about this. And you should do what feels best in your heart.

PS. I forgot to mention. If you'd like to wall chat, there's an 8 h time lag between us (your dinner is my midnight), just so you know ^^

Good luck! And of course I'm on your side, we all are (&&&) (*hug*) <3