1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Guy In My Psychology Class

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by bigcityboy, May 2, 2015.

1. bigcityboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey guys, I'm wondering something. How do you tell a guy you like and suspect is gay, that you're gay? I can be an awkward person sometimes, and I've never had the courage to ask someone out before, especially not a guy. There's this one guy I sit next to in my Psych 100 class and I think he might be gay (unfortunately stereotypes about gay mannerisms are all that I can base that off of). He's cute, and I want to know how to maybe show him I'm interested without outright coming out to him (especially if I'm wrong in my suspicions.) I know he's cool with LGBT issues because we were talking about Bruce Jenner's interview as a class this morning and he contributed some positive things. I'm kind of kicking myself because even though I try to sit next to him every week we have class together, I'm too scared to talk to him. I even only just got the courage to ask him his name today! We only have about two classes left together in the next two weeks, so I was wondering if you guys could give me any advice. Sorry if this might be posted in the wrong section lol

2. DragKing692

Ask to borrow a pen. Hell, that's how I met my girlfriend. No joke.

3. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The main thing is to start talking about something that is not forced and act like you don't care or are desperate while doing it. That might be the hardest part but that's how you don't scare people off. If you think about it, it's easier to make small talk with people when you aren't interested in them.

4. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My advice is pretty simple. Tell him something about the Bruce Jenner thing that you thought was interesting, and offer him some perspective about it, throwing in something like "I'm gay, so I may be looking at so and so from a slightly different angle, so I wondered what you thought about it." You give him an opening to casually say that he is too, without making that the focus of what you are saying, if he wants to. If you go are going to dance, somebody has to lead.