1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My parents would kill me...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kat T, May 3, 2015.

1. Kat T

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If they knew about my bisexuality. I'm an 18 year old bisexual female, and I have a wonderful girlfriend and several friends that I'm out to and are very supportive. I just wish I could be out to my family but they are so conservative and would think it was the end of the world. Being bisexual doesn't feel weird or different to me, it just feels normal and right. I wish it wasn't a big deal to my family. My two brothers might be supportive, but my sister is too young to understand or keep it from my parents.

I feel like there's this pressure building up inside, and I just want to shout to the world about my sexuality, since I've been holding it in for so long. But I know some reactions would be negative, and I still live with my parents and I'm financially dependent on them. And I love them, and don't want this to ruin our relationship. It's just hard sometimes. I wish it wasn't this complicated. Any advice or words of encouragement would be wonderful! <3

2. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    arfff

hang in there.
    i got death threat from my dad too, he express it explicitly to my face

i want to stress 1 thing here
    you don't have to come out to your parent if it threaten your well being in any way

If you think your brothers might be supportive you should test the water first. check their response/reaction about several LGBT subject. If they react positively you may assume that they are supportive and you can come out to them.

as of your parents, if you really wanted to come out... personally i would wait until i moved out of their reach and financially independent. I know this seems looks like a coward move, but when your safety is at risk better be safe than sorry.

stay safe mate
    anyway feel free to wall me if you need to talk :slight_smile:
    have a good day
    arfff

3. Kat T

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You're totally right! Thank you <3

#3 Kat T, May 3, 2015
    Last edited: May 3, 2015
  4. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hang in there.

Just remember you have a world full of LGBT people to support you.

(&&&) (&&&) (&&&) (&&&)

5. Billy the kid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do agree with Sartorious. I will say that I have friends who are parents and they are conservative and they've told me that they would be fine if their daughter was to turn out lesbian or bisexual. I think if you feel like you have a truly loving family they would most likely accept you. Give it time and only come out to them if and when you are ready. Your sexuality is a part of you, the real you. So be comfortable with yourself and lead a happy life. It is ultimately your decision and if you want your parents to know the real you at some point you should tell them. Do not feel pressured to do this though, take your time and know that any decision you make should make you happy. I think parents ultimately want their children to live a happy life.