1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girlfriends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jazzyspazzy, Nov 25, 2008.

1. jazzyspazzy

jazzyspazzy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It is sooo annoying being bi at school, because no-one has the courage to admit if they're gay, so there is no-one to choose from who would willingly go out with you. And if I ever tried to flirt with a girl they would probably think I'm weird and never talk to me again. Or they'd think I was just being friendly and be shocked when they find out you like them. Even if they did feel that way about me, there is so much homophobia around that they'd probably be too scared to act upon it. So what the hell can a schoolgirl do to get a girlfriend?? :help:

2. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dunno jazzy I'm in the same situation remember...look what the one other lesbian in my entire year did to me and that was without us even fancying each other...

I mean, I could always help you out, but...

*Quickly stops wicked ideas forming in her head*

But trust me, jazzy, our school is way less phobic about homos than my old school...it was like, taboo there...no one would ever be brave enough to come out, I certainly wasn't. So we're luckier than some, darling.

One day your time will come...might seem forever away but you've always gotta have faith, k?

What's with all the ...s I'm using?? lol. Must be the fact that it's 10pm and I'm tired so I'm not typing properly.

Will stop rambling now.

3. Kid Quasar

Well, those environment are common, maybe you should date outside of school, and try to keep it under the covers. Try finding someone that goes to a different school or something. ^^ That's all I can think of for now. ~Mood

4. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

I know how you feel it is horrible I'm the only girl that is out at school and besides me there is only this other guy.

Dating is so much harder when you're gay, first you have to figure out whether of not they are gay/bi too then if they like you then maybe ask them out and when that relationship ends you have to start all over again, it sucks.

And straight people think dating is hard I tell you we could tell them a thing or two.

As for solutions I have none sorry I can't get a date for myself let alone help anyone else:frowning2:

5. Larry Myster

Hmm I agree with Mood, try other schools or someone you know out of school that have your orentation.

6. dudethere

hey, jazzy i am dude there's friend (i am straight) From my perspective there is some one out there you just have to be patient.Becouse you dont want to rush things anyway.

7. Trumpetplyer23

Here's what I do. I find a girl I like, right? I become her friend, if she's gay (and likes me) then great, I have a girlfriend. If she's straight, then well, darn, she doesn't like me and we're not going to go out. But, when you make friends, regardless of sexual orientation, you have friends! Those friends can say, 'hey, I know this girl and she might be interested in you'.

8. ccdd

ccdd Guest

Yeah, I can see how it's not the greatest of situations! (Also, you make me feel kind of guilty, because I was one of those girls who wasn't out at school...not that anyone else was either...).

As you get older, you definately start to know more and more gay people - two of my closest friends, both gay, only came out at 22 and 23 respectively. And then there's me, a little older, and still in the process of coming out. So yes, it is more difficult at your age!

That said, I didn't date anyone until I was 18, and I know plenty of people who didn't date anyone until their 20s. I think part of you has just got to try and stop thinking about getting a date - although that's easier said than done as I think about it too! - and just concentrate on making friends and feeling more comfortable with yourself.

I mean, the fact that you're out helps a lot, as at least then other gay people can hear about how you're gay. But other than a gay youth club or whatever (or a sudden huge number of comings-out amongst your schoolfriends!), I don't know where you could look I'm afraid....

9. silentsound

wait it out. it sucks. My productive advice would be to find an lgbt youth group in your area, and to not sweat it too much.

10. Jesse Jinx

I FEEL YOUR PAIN.

Dear lord, my school is hell. The people aren't so homophobic, but It's a fad in my school to be bi.:bang: All these girls grope eachother or say how they made out with some other girl, and blah blah blah, but no one acctually is! They're all willing to hook up with other girls to boost their popularity with the guys, but a relationship: HELL NO. And the only real lesbian girl at my school is nothing like me. And all the guys I would acctually be interested in might not be accepting (or believe me) if I said I was bi. *sigh*

Frankly, either try long-distance, or wait it out until you're in a more accepting enviorment.

11. jazzyspazzy

jazzyspazzy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    What if there's someone who you know is gay, but don't know if they like you or not?? And if you guys are so different that you're not sure if things are gonna work out?

12. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^Haha that wouldn't be me would it?

Lol jk!!

Well the thing is I suppose there's no definite way of finding out. The only thing I could suggest is getting a friend to ask her, except I wouldn't recommend this either because it can lead to gossipy rumours and untruths.

I suppose all you can do is tell them how you feel and if they like you, great, and if not, well you can always dream...and you'll find someone in the future who *does* like you. :slight_smile: