1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My dad is transphobic

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BlackVeilSirens, May 5, 2015.

1. BlackVeilSirens

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So my dad is transphobic and I don't know how to come out as transgender to him because I don't know what he will do >_<

2. Lazuri

I'd probably post this thread in the appropriate forum as I believe you will get more help there than in the "fun and games" section as there's nothing fun about transphobic parents.

3. DinelodiiGitli

Honestly I wish I could offer helpful advice but all I can say is this:
    I do sort of know how you feel. My Mom isn't transphobic normally....unless it comes to me. If I even hint at it she shuts me down.
    If you need to talk let me know.

4. Ryu

Ryu

Aww, sorry to here that... I would do something cool like either erase his mind or hypnotise him *cough cough or murder him cough cough*, but I'm not an all powerful being soo... What about your mother? If she's fine with it, try and get her to talk your father out of his old ways. That might work.

*chuckles*
    The sub-forum isn't exactly... Appropriate... Unless you deem it fun... Bu then again as this is undoubtedly one of the most visited sub-forums, this thread is bound to get more answers than coming out advice or gender identity and expression because of how out of place it is... Either very clever or stupid mistake...

#4 Ryu, May 5, 2015
    Last edited: May 5, 2015
  5. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm going to move this thread to "Coming Out Advice", because I think it's probably better suited there. If you'd like me to move it to Gender Indentity, feel free to get in touch!

6. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Well, the first questions are:
    Are you close to your father, and do you care if he knows? Will you feel bad, or will it be uncomfortable or impractical if he doesn't know?
    My father might have a clue, since I've started crossdressing etc., and have been growing out my hair (I'm DMAB). If he asks, I'll likely tell him (I want to transition (partially), so I guess he's bound to asks if I walk through the door with breasts one day). But as for me, I really don't care.

If you want to tell him, you might consider choosing a clever strategy, such as 'would you love me regardless of what I am?' or similar.

Hope that helps, lots of love <3

7. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian