1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First guy crush

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Keegan4Strings, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Keegan4Strings

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Some of you may know SRSLY_MARK from the forums here
    he's a VERY close friend of mine, and has been for some time
    i recently confronted him about the crush i've had on him for a few years

the question here lies in this:

my mother told me she would be okay with me if i was gay
    (never said anything about bi, but we'll get to that)

i really want a relationship with this guy, and i really care about him
    but i don't want a relatinship if it involves hiding it from my mother
    also, i don't want it to ruin our friendship
    goodness, this is just very confusing
    =[

any advice?

2. tomahto72

tomahto72 Guest

I know exactly how you feel. I was getting frustrated with myself when I started to deceive my own mum, someone who has loved me since day 1.

Probably the worst option would be to tell your mum your are in a relationship with a another guy at the time you are 'coming out'. Let her deal with one thing at a time. The thing that you have to make up your mind is that will this be a proper relationship (with him) something you feel will last longer or just feels right to go out with him. If this is the case you should be able to deceive her (I know but its the harsh reality). It may make you frustrated but try not to think about it too much.

If she ever does confront you about it make sure you let her know that the realtionship you are currently in is a loving one. If she is as open minded as I think she should be okay with it but it will take a bit of time for her to accept it. Make sure, if this does happen, you comfort her and talk it through with her and try to help her understand everything.

I'm here if you need an ear, just give us a shout.
    Good Luck