1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should I just come out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Hillthrill, May 6, 2015.

1. Hillthrill

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    well Im pretty sure everyone thinks im gay that I know at school. I was on ****** once and I feel that how they found out. The thing is ive been sleeping with girls for a while. I just feel like me coming out as bi would be bad and id be shunned by everyone. Id feel like i betrayed them. but being in the closet has made me very repressive and depressed and I just want to not worry about it anymore. Im also nervous because my dad told me when I was younger to never speak to him ever again I was gay. I really just want advice and someone to talk to about it.

2. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

Wow, that's not a brilliant situation. It sounds like you are unsure whether the people at school would accept you. I'm not going to lie, this is a difficult one - you might find the best way around this is to covertly ask people their opinions on gay people - but the best way to go forward might be to find a family member, of any relation and maybe even one you don't really know, and come out to them.
    Connor

3. MetalRice

Only come out if you feel comfortable doing so; don't let anyone or anything force you do it if your not ready too.

4. Ebiru

This. Make sure you come out to people who won't judge you (preferably) and make sure you come out on your own terms - its your life, you decide what you want to do.

5. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your dad may be one of the typical southern homophobes, concerned that he would look bad to the other homophobes if he had a gay son. Since you are referring to other people "in school" knowing, I am assuming you are in high school and still dependent upon your parent(s) for support. It might be best to just let this ride, and come out after you graduate and go away to college, or establish yourself as financially independent from your parents. If they don't know you well enough to know who you really are, it is their loss, the consequences for their bigoted behavior. Build your own family of choice and circle of friends from friends who know you, love you, and accept you for who you are; you can offer your parents into that circle later, if they are willing to give up their prejudice and hate for gay people.