1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's out there now..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by choirsmash, May 8, 2015.

1. choirsmash

I posted this on Twitter today (in pictures since Twitter has a character limit): I don't want to copy Jaden here, but since Twitter only allows me 140 characters, I'm gonna have to.
    So some of you may already know this, but I'm bi. Figuring that out has been a long ride by itself, coming to terms with it was really hard for me. I just want to be able to be comfortable and be myself now. I'll probably lose friends for this, but I've accepted the fact that those people never really were my friends if they can't accept me for who I am. Family, I don't want this to be something the comes up at every dinner or family event. Just be considerate and don't only ask about boyfriends haha. You don't even have to bring it up at all if you don't want to, it's not the only thing I am. It's been almost a year since I began my coming out process with questioning and I've got a lot of people to thank for helping me find my way. I'm done hiding. If Harry Potter taught me anything, it's that no one should have to live in a closet. I'm ready to go to Hogwarts. It's time to be me. I'm the same person I always have been. This doesn't change anything. If you don't agree, that's cool..just keep it to yourself because it hurts when you bring it up negatively. I'm tired of hiding. I want to be free to express myself. I'm not even gonna try to thank all the people who have lit the way for me because there are far too many, but I'm hoping you will become one of those people to support me and the rest of the LGBT community. Thank you for reading this whole thing haha sorry it was so long..
    Two people have seen it so far...but I feel like more people will see tomorrow or something. I'm debating posting the same thing as a status (without that intro though obviously)
    I had Mr. P read it before I posted and everything haha
    I might talk to him before putting it on Facebook...my grandparents are on there and stuff so I don't know if I want to or nah

2. sedgeling

Well congratulations on coming out! I hope that things go well for you, and you have positive reactions as time goes on. :slight_smile:

3. HarmfulLoverX

I agree with sedgeling!!!! Well done!!! So proud of chu to have the courage to come out TTwTT I'm coming out to my parents on Tuesday so yeeee :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: cx but anyways yeeeee!!! Courage is to be yourself in a world where they tell you to be someone else
    you deserve a hug <3 (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

4. choirsmash

Oh yes parents...that was a fun time for me. Although, I wasn't really ready to tell them, they somehow found out and asked me about it. I wish you luck on that!

I've gotten several favorites and 2 replies on that tweet. The replies were both positive (both from friends who happen to also be bi haha). I'm sure more people will see it tomorrow since all of the favorite and replies were today. Fingers crossed that they continue to be positive and that my aunt doesn't bring it up until after I put it on Facebook (still debating that, but I won't see her for a little while so it should be fine)

5. blackhatguy

On facebook, you can choose custom, and block certain people, or you can make groups that see certain posts. I've done both, when I came out online, I blocked 47 of 137 friends cause I was nervous.

Good luck, glad things have gone well so far

6. MetalRice

Congrats on coming out! glad it's gone good so far.

7. choirsmash

One person retweeted it and it blew up haha
    I've been getting supportive replies and direct messages for the past hour now :slight_smile: