1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First public kiss and feel anxious

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by riddlerno1, Nov 27, 2008.

1. riddlerno1

Well.... i actually am unsure why i feel this way to be truthful. Lets start at the beginning.....yesterday evening i went along to a gay bar. After a while this guy kept hovering around and then he made a move and we spent a bit of time dancing together before we kissed. Anyway after a while he and his friends left and i got his number. I had a few drinks so i wasnt really aware of the magnitude of what had just happened but when i got home i did feel really upset!! Now it wasnt because he had left or anything but i just felt really anxious which has continued into today. Its like a knot in my stomach.

I was thinking why i felt this way and all i could come up with is that it wa smy first gay kiss in a public place and what i actually realised is that i feel like a teenager again.......trying hard to understand my feelings and say the right things that i end up doing it all wrong. Its like im having to learn how to BE around people i fancy.....just like i guess i didnt do when i was younger. Although i do have these explanations i still feel really bad today. Hopefully this feeling will pass. Has anyone got any advice or have they felt anything similar?

2. -Michael-

At the time my first kiss was gut wrenching anxiousness.
    (Outside a catholic church in the middle of town)

But after that moment i felt fine.
    I'm sure it'll just be some essence of surrealism.
    It'll sink in soon and you'll feel fine

3. slkayley

Just a new experience, try not to worry about it. Public displays of affection, affect people many different ways, some enjoy it others don't but whatever don't worry too much.

My advice, next time it happens, see how you feel then about the whole thing.

4. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I gave a 24 year old his first public kiss yesterday. :slight_smile:

He felt really anxious but after a little while he relaxed. It was very cute. I was kinda annoyed at first because he didn't want to be seen even though he's out, but now I just think of it as cute...

My first public kiss... was about two years ago and it's one of the landmarks of my life. I loved it. haha

5. tm74

tm74 Guest

Kissing a guy in a gay bar is hardly going to give anyone present any cause for raised eyebrows. :kiss:

I guess what you're feeling is the effect of the excitement of it having happened - the next question is "are you going to call him?" :thumbsup:

6. thespanishheart

haha babe I think you're in SHOCK :icon_wink

I'd say it's no big deal. My assumtption is that you're feeling chocked because you always expected your first kiss to be one of those "firework events," am I right? Or perhaps you just expected to know someone for a bit longer before kissing them.

I'd say the kiss was innocent enough. I still wonder if you'll be calling him though... Was he just someone you were interested in "the heat of the moment," or do you want to make more out of it with him?

7. riddlerno1

Thanks guys for the advice. I think it was just the shock of it all happening so quickly and not being something i expected. You see all that usually happens to someone else, not me and im the casual bystander!! and on the subject of will i be calling him.......i do want to but i dont feel ready to to be honest! I guess it was nice to have someone intrested in me cos THATS never happened!!! maybe in a couple of days i will feel different.....will keep u posted!

8. riddlerno1

Oh yeah and to answer your question spanishheart, i thought yes, i would know someone longer than 5 minutes before we were locking lips!.....and then the fireworks would begin!!

9. thespanishheart

Now it's a party (!)

Keep us posted :icon_wink

10. ElizabethAnne

Ooooo that's so sweet! I know whatcha mean - the first time I ever held hands with my girlfriend was crazy - I couldn't look anyone on the street in the eye, because I wasn't sure if they'd be looking at me or not.

11. Jim1454

I can totally relate to how you're feeling. Yes, when I first came out to myself and started to interact with gay guys, it WAS like I was in highschool again. And I was another 10 years older than you are now. I was finally feeling the things that most people had felt in highschool - while I was feeling nothing!

These overwhelming emotions will pass in time. You just have some catching up to do.

Congratulations!

(A word of caution: I got a HUGE crush for the first guy I was attracted to. He was totally wrong for me but I was completely blind to that fact because I was SO overwhelmed with all of the emotions - opening up to someone for the VERY first time about all of this. So try to be aware of that if and when you do call this guy.)

12. pianomike

so fun... i'll never forget my first public kiss, i was in a k-mart (of all the places)
    and there was this really really really cute guy there and at first he was eying me but i was to blonde to notice at first, but then i caught on.
    after a min, we went behind an isle and that was my first public kiss!!
    I had butterflies in my stomach for 2 days after that.
    and to top it off i got his number and found out he went to the same school as me and had just moved here, but then he came out like a month later and got kicked out of the house and got sent to live with his grandparents in Michigan.
    sad i know.

13. x2x2x2x2y2

Geez I still haven't had my first kiss. I'm glad i knew I was gay before my first kiss though, or else it would have been with a girl. Lol personally Im not really all for PDA.