1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So the story so far...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Unicornswag, May 11, 2015.

1. Unicornswag

Just feel like typing it because I feel like it helps, so grab your popcorn :grin:...

I have always known that I'm gay but never really knew what the feelings and the word meant. I knew others that were gay but never really thought of myself in that situation.

Then in year 9 (which is when I was 14 years old I think?) I got my first real boyfriend. When we had been dating for a while he came to me and told me that he had cheated on me. Although I liked him it didn't really seem to effect me, but I just ignored this because I just thought it was normal. After we had our first kiss I realised that I wasn't like normal girls. I felt really awkward and strange after it. It just didn't feel right. A few weeks later I dumped him (over text because I'm just a lovely person).

After I dumped him I realised that I wasn't interested in boy... I LIKE GIRLS! This was very strange for me and I didn't (and still don't) know what to do about it. So that's basically it so far...

It's been 3 years (I think) since I have been having these feelings and recently they've been annoying me and I just want some advice on what I should do, which is why I joined this forum. I've been going from forum to forum trying to find the people who seem to be the most supportive and well done! You win, so have a cookie ( :: ).

Currently nobody knows about these feelings and I don't know who to tell, what to say, where to say it... There's just so much to consider...

The two people who I would be the most comfortable telling would be my mum or my best friend. I would prefer telling my best friend because my mum would tell everyone, and I'm definitely not ready for that. Also, I want to show my best friend that I trust her because I'm pretty sure that she knows there's something that I'm not telling her.

Lastly (I'll stop droning on I sware ;-; ), what if I'm not gay? What if I just have extreme girl crushes. What if I have my first kiss with a girl after everyone knows and I don't like it. I'm so scared...

How did you figure it out and who did you confide in first?

2. MetalRice

Well - despite the fact that I have no romantic or sexual experience at all, I came to figure out that I was bi by realizing that I not only had sexual attraction to men; but that the idea of having a relationship with a man and even getting married was an appealing one in my mind.

Of course, this is not how it so easily goes for everyone, but the questions you can ask yourself are "Am I sexually attracted to women; do they arouse me?", "Does the idea of having sex with a woman appeal to me?", "Does the idea of having a romantic relationship with a woman, or even marriage to a woman; appeal to me?" and etc; and go from there once you have the answers.

As for who to confide in, whoever you trust the most and feel the most comfortable talking to about the matter, for me that was my mom; but for you that is probably your best friend. Just don't rush it or do it before you are comfortable doing it (coming out that is)

3. Unicornswag

Thank you that helped a lot :slight_smile: I will tell my best friend but probably not yet.

4. ApexxShadow

Hi there! :slight_smile:.

Don't ever rush yourself into coming out. Only do it when you're ready and you feel comfortable doing it. You're the only one who can truly figure out your sexuality, but, don't pressure yourself into a label. I hope I helped a little bit, feel free to shoot me a message on my wall if you need anymore advice/help or feel like talking :slight_smile:

5. Unicornswag

Thanks for your help :slight_smile: I did try to post a message on your wall but you have to have 10 posts and I only have 6 :frowning2:

Also, thanks for welcoming me.

6. bi2me

I think it can be hard to pin yourself down to a label until you have had a lot of time to process. Sometimes just "not straight" can be a way to go. You might find that you have more significant attraction to one sex or gender vs the other but still a little towards the other one - that all (either way) can be "not straight" or some people like to use queer as a general category. You can message me too - I see you are up to 7 posts. Posts in any section count :slight_smile:

7. Unicornswag

Thanks, ill message you too :slight_smile: