1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happens now?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by badger, May 12, 2015.

1. badger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just told the first person ever that I'm attracted to men (my best friend). She was completely supportive and proud of me. However, I'm feeling extremely weird. Rather than feeling relieved I feel a little sad and confused. I really just don't know how I am supposed to feel. I don't know if this feeling will go away and I'm a bit nervous. What happens now?

2. guitar

It takes time to get used to having others know about your sexuality. The more people you tell, the wider your support network becomes and the easier it will likely be. Are you worried about other people finding out?

Every time I come out to someone new (or even an old friend / family member) I find it a bit nerve wracking. You never know how the person will react. Once you start to build up a network of friends who positively support you, it will get easier to let your true self shine through. :slight_smile:

3. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are supposed to feel great, because you told your best friend and she was completely supportive and proud of you. What happens now? Whatever you want to happen and make happen. Get out and meet some guys, and then talk to your friend about how it felt if you want to.

4. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Completely normal. we get used to being in the closet for so long that we're not accustomed to people knowing that part of ourselves, despite what the stereotypes or society says. i read somewhere within Buddhism that we should let our emotions share the same space, not confine them or ignore them. acknowledge the emotion with a smile and try to understand why you feel this way. it sounds weird at first but it definitely comes in handy. i agree with guitar, the more you tell people, the more you'd get used to it.