1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my dorm...again

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by William, May 12, 2015.

1. William

So, first of all, the reason I put again is because on April Fools (probably not the best time) I came out to them and I thought I was completely out, but was I wrong!

Today in the lobby, gays were bought up and everyone started to look at me and they were like, "No, Will, seriously if you came out, we wouldn't care." So we had a brief back and forth and at the top of my lungs I yelled: "I'M GAY!" Only to find out that some people still didn't believe me.

Then, I went to my best friend's room and we chatted a bit. He asked, "Wait, so what the fuck happened in the lobby today. Like, are you serious?"

I replied: "Well, I have literally no connection with women romantically or sexually, so yeah, I guess."

He got the widest smile and we talked a bit about it then a couple of more friends walked in. They asked the same thing and I said yes. They all hugged me and we sat down and had an in depth conversation about gays and everything. One of my really good friends said, "Dude, you're the bravest kid I know."

We then sat down and had an in-depth conversation about it and they were extremely accepting of it. They started to ask me about my gaydar and who's gay and what not. That conversation broke when my friend asked, "So, I'm sure we're all thinking this. Do you take or give?"

I reluctantly responded, "I would think both."

To make sure that I was gay, my buddy pulled out his Sports Illustrated and I said, "Yep, nothing." Not only that, but they started to ask me who do I think is the hottest boy in our grade and school.

But the moral of this story is that true friends will stick by your side no matter who you are or what you are, that's what friends are for. They're there to love you and support you through thick and through then. I'll tell you this: the proudest moment of my life was hearing my friends say that they were proud of me.

Not only that, but it's a big weight off of your chest to tell somebody, trust me. I can honestly say, I'm the happiest kid on Earth right now!

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    That is such a sweet story! <33 gosh, you got me all warm and fuzzy! <3

Congrats on your friends being so accepting :slight_smile:

3. William

Thanks, very much appreciated!

4. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay