1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out slowly...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Abdadhie, May 13, 2015.

1. Abdadhie

So... I think I'm ready to come out pretty soon but I want to do it 'slowly'. What I mean is kind of dropping hints to people ect. Most people aren't 100% accepting of non cis people around where I live so I would kind of like to prepare people.

What should I do to let people know? This is a huge deal for me so its going to take a fair bit of time but I think thats good!! Thanks in advance and sorry if this post is a little non-sensical...

2. biisme

I'm not sure about the aspect of "dropping hints", because that's something that I never did.

However, if you wanted to gauge some people's reactions, you could try mentioning some LGBT current events and see how they respond. This might give you a better idea of how they feel / how accepting they are. This catergory in the forum lists some things going on in the world right now that focus on LGBT issues.

3. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The rainbow bracelet is one way that is pretty subtle; you don't have to say anything or confront people, just put it on and respond if anyone asks you about why you are wearing it with whatever you want to say. Most people probably won't say anything, just start assuming that you might be gay. If that isn't subtle enough for you, you could wear a T-shirt supporting gay marriage or gay equality, and engage anyone in a conversation to see where they are coming from if they ask you about it. It doesn't actually SAY you are gay, but it does say that you will be friendly to anyone who is gay and wants to talk to you.