1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Close Call

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Starshine16, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Starshine16

Okay so Thanksgiving was very fun with my relatives this year until my grandma and uncle started talking about politics(ones's Democrat and the other is Republican)The rest of us around the table were silently begging someone to change the subject so we wouldn't have to hear about it anymore and I very nearly came out and said "Hey I am Bisexual." It would have been a really big mistake and I am really glad I didn't do it tonight.I am ready for everyone to know,but I am not ready to tell them at a big holiday dinner like that.

So I was smart and kept my mouth shut about my sexuality.We touched on my Psychology of Sexual Orientation class briefly,but only to say that I got a 97% on my test.

At least I know that I am ready to tell them when the time is right.

2. thespanishheart

I agree with not spilling the beans right there. I'd wait for a more neutral time to appear haha

3. musican

There are so many times that I want to say something in school, but I know what a bad idea that would be.

4. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's definitely best you didn't say that right there. I think sometime that's not such an important evening would be best.

5. xequar

Definitely good you didn't bogart the Thanksgiving dinner. It wouldn't have been fair to them or to you. Good luck when you do get the opportunity though.