1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out today as bi-gender

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lonely penguin, May 16, 2015.

1. lonely penguin

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just came out as bi-gender today to my sister and mother! I think it went well. It was so scary, and 99% of the time I try to say what I actually feel, my social anxiety wins and I don't say anything. It formed a pit of dread in my stomach, but ultimately it was a huge relief. I know I wouldn't have been able to do it had my sister not come out of the closet as gay 2 years ago. My biggest fear is pretty uncommon. I'm not afraid of my family being unaccepting, but I am afraid of them going out of their way to make me more comfortable. I just hope they treat me the exact same as before, and understanding if I want to go out dressed as a guy. Anyone have any tips? suggestions? questions? similar situations?

2. TryingAtLeast

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    First, CONGRATULATIONS!!! :slight_smile: Your alignment with and expression of your identity is very important, and it is amazing that you can now share it with close family ties! :slight_smile:

If they go out of their way to make you more comfortable, it may just be their way of trying to make sure that you know they care (if this sentence makes sense).

However, they cannot read your mind. lol One option could be to sit them down again and let them know how you would like them to treat you.

What do you think?

3. silkyprince

Out Status:
    A few people
    I would definitely suggest talking to them if they go overboard. If they do, I'm sure they're just trying to be accepting, so they'll understand. Congratulations!