1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Five months later... now what?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sulfuricbananna, May 17, 2015.

1. sulfuricbananna

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's been a little over four months, approaching five, since I started on this website. While I don't post much, the threads I've read have inspired me to come out way beyond what I had projected things would have been like now. I am totally out to my family, except for the homophobes in Switzerland and D.C. I transferred schools to rid myself of having the title of "that awkward kid" and re-establish myself. That was successful, I've gotten myself a good group of friends, I've gotten into honors classes so I could get placed in classes with kids that have a decent level of maturity, and now the next logical thing to do is to come out. My classmates are probably going to accept me, my friends are probably going to accept me, and I'm sure that I have a support system with the teachers. I know who to tell to have this blow up so I don't need to lift a finger, and it's so easy to do that, but... I can't. I just can't click that send button on my phone, no matter how hard I try to. I don't have the strength to come out on my own, but I'm ready. I know that doesn't make sense, and that's why I've come here. Should I send the text and let it all blow up for me, or come out the hard way?

2. PATenor2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You need to come out when it is comfortable for YOU. Hell, I'm old enough to be your grandfather, and I've waited 40 years to come out. My advice to you is not to wait for 40 years! Also, I wouldn't come out to anyone via text. Anyone you care about deserves to hear it from you directly. If they're not important enough to hear it from you directly, they're not important. Period. Don't waste your time or energy on them - they don't need to know.