1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I Come Out?!?! HELP!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MichaelIsGay, May 17, 2015.

1. MichaelIsGay

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I'm Michael, I'm pretty new here, and I have known in gay since December 2014. I asked for advice on this site for coming out to friends and I followed your advice and have come out to over 25 people. I haven't come out to any of my family yet.

The main point I want to know is should I come out to my mom?

She is Christian, and she grew up in a small town, and we live in a small town. The thing is is she has taken in all my gay realatives and even has become best friend with a baby sitter I've had since I was four (I'm now 13) and he is gay. Every day she wants me to go on walks with her alone for no reason, and I think she knows I know I'm gay, and she wants me to come out. I've said no to all attempts. I have made it a point to make it more obvious like acting feminine and never being interested in girls. I tell her all of my friends are girls, and I'm single still so she must be wondering... Should I come out? I really want to but I just worried she will hate me. Help please below... Also what are some ways or things I can say when coming out. I've watched over 500 YouTube videos and I'm still nervous. I could come out to the whole school right now, my brothers are in the school tho so I'm wanting to come out to them all before I come out publicly....

2. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Based on how she has responded to your relatives and babysitter, it sounds to me like she will be accepting if you come out, in which case I say you should go for it! Not having to hide your sexuality can be a huge relief. It can be scary to come out, but I really think it will go fine for you :slight_smile:

3. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

She already knows.

Let me tell you what being out will do: it will enable you to forget about your sexuality, for a while, and go back to being a kid, meaning just a normal, everyday kid who has interests besides those related to his love life, talents to hone, homework to do, an eventual career to think about, and friends to hang out with. Shockingly enough, when you are no longer trying to hide your sexuality, it stops being such an all-consuming part of your life.

For me, just get this nagging, little thing out of your way, and then take some time to just be a kid. Just celebrate coming out by taking a vacation from thinking about your sexuality at all, and just get out and have fun. You deserve it. You won't regret it.