1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Like my best friend, should I tell him?? Please help its urgent!!!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kevo, May 17, 2015.

1. kevo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I just switched to a new high school this year where I met him. At first we were just friends, but after a few months I started to have feelings for him. I've had crushes before on guys who were cute, but they were superficial on kids I didn't even talk to. This is my first time having deeper feelings for someone (as deep as high school gets I guess) but its killing me not being able to say I like him more than a friend.
    Last friday night he slept over at my house and we had a great time. But when he left I felt more depressed than ever. I really wanna tell him how much I care for him, instead of feeling I'm living a lie. He's straight, but maybe if I open up to him he'll still accept me??
    He's called me gayboy and faggot jokingly, many times, but it still hurt me thinking of how he might respond if I told him. I'm scared to death of him being creeped out and not talking to me again. I know if he's a true friend he'll stay, but I don't want to go through the pain of being rejected. I already struggle with depression and feeling worthless, I just don't wanna deal with the heartache and loneliness anymore. I really want to tell him. If he accepts me for who I really am I think we'll be closer friends, and I won't feel worried or scared to be who I really am around him. But if he's too uncomfortable with it and I lose him as my only friend I don't know what I would do.
    I might not say anything either. If he never finds out I could still cuddle with him under the blankets while watching movies, or call him my boo like I do now without it being awkward. I want to tell him the truth and how much I care for him, but maybe its best for our friendship if I don't. I'm so confused and feel like its hopeless, I've spent the whole weekend crying over my life and why I have to deal with this shit. Please, if anyone could offer suggestions it would help so much!!!!! :frowning2:

2. Christiaan

Christiaan Guest

Okay, a straight best friend is like your pet cat. You might love your pet cat to pieces. Your pet cat might very well be very cute. However, sex with your pet cat is not on the menu.

I have said something to this effect to a few people here...initial reactions can look really really bad. They can be hurtful. The only thing I can tell you is to be patient, and be understanding. It's going to be a strange thing for him. It's something that he doesn't understand. He understands it less than you do, and he isn't going to know what to expect or what is involved. He isn't going to know what it means for his relationship with you. It's like dealing with a bear in the woods: you may be scared, but the bear is often more scared and confused than you are.

Coming out is hard. It is a fact of our existence. Just know we're here to support you.