1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you know you like someone?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Emile, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Emile

Emile Guest

I know, it's a bit of a wierd question, but a friend of mine keeps on asking me that question and I dont really know what answer I should give him. In my idea, I don't think there's an answer to that... I mean, you either know or you don't... But he wants a clear answer....

So how do you know you like someone?

2. Louise

Ok, I'll give it a shot.

When you wake up in the morning and your first thought is about that person, when you go somewhere where that person is and you wonder 'is he already there' when you go anywhere and you wonder 'will he be there' when thoughts of that person enter you mind at random moments in the day and it puts a smile on your face, when you do something and you think, 'oh I must tell *insert name*, when you are in that persons's company and all you can do is smile and you feel good inside and all the other things that were worrying or upsetting you seem less heavy to bear, when you are in mixed company but you keep thinking, has he seen me, I wonder if he heard what I just said and you find yourself watching their every movement, gesture, expression, etc.

When all or any of those things are happening to you then you can be pretty sure you like them.

3. Derek the Wolf

Louise got it pretty much. When that person dominates your thought, all you want is to be with them, and when you're with them then you're happy regardless of what you're actually doing, then you're in love. I hope that's what you meant by "like." Lol.

4. revolutionrock

I know I really like someone when I start planning out our future together. It is really strange and when I catch myself doing it, I feel like a dweeb.

:slight_smile:

5. Starshine16

Louise is very right.As I was reading that post I became even more aware of how much I like this one girl because she was basically describing me and how much I like this one girl.I can be doing something not even related to schoolwork and she pops into my head out of nowhere because she is in my Psychology class.I have dreams about her and that's because she is the last thing I think about before I go to sleep.

6. Sarah

all of the above. lol. so ya. just if u keep on thinking about them nd ur just happy thinking about them or u just find urself babbling about them to ur friends. then im pretty sure u lik them. lol reading this made me see how much i really lik this guy i met

7. White Sundog

I didn't know when I first experienced it myself.

It's when you think about them a lot...get amused when you see their name somewhere or whatever...get excited about spying a look at them or interacting with them...daydream or fantasize about them a lot...and just feel a certain exhilaration or "natural high" from being around them or thinking of being around them.

8. Emile

Emile Guest

Thank you everyone ^^

It helped him very much :slight_smile: