1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out story's?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MichaelIsGay, May 18, 2015.

1. MichaelIsGay

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I want a few ideas on how to come out not only to family but a whole school, so just put all of your story's down there! I'm so curious!

2. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We have a whole sub-forum for that: Coming Out Stories - Empty Closets - A safe online community for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender people coming out

Since you mentioned coming out at school, I'll mention how I did that at my old school. I was in literature class, and a group of boys were playing around and one of them came up to me and jokingly asked if I would marry him (just to see my reaction, I guess?). I just looked at him and said flatly, "I'm gay, so I don't think it's gonna work out," and he gasped and started laughing hysterically. Then he ran away and told all his friends. Soon, pretty much everyone knew. All day long people kept running up to me like, "So-and-so said so-and-so said you're gay! Is that true!?" It was rather entertaining really. :lol:

3. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The quick way to come out at a school is to do it on your Facebook page status. You can post something about changing your status if you want it to show up in all your "friends" feeds. This is fairly passive way to do it all at once.

It is usually better to come out to your family in person, with the most likely to be receptive person first, so you have them to back you up to the others. If you don't feel able to do it in person, writing a letter is an alternate way. If you want to hear a lot of stories, You Tube is the place to go for thousands of videos on how it went for other people. Search there for "coming out" stories.