1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Genderfluid letter

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Hawk, May 19, 2015.

1. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been trying to write a letter to my parents for a while, and I just wanted to ask how this sounds:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mom & Dad,

Lately, I've been questioning things lately, and I hope you keep an open mind about this, but I've come to the conclusion that I’m genderfluid.
    Over the past year or so, I've been documenting the days where I've been feeling more masculine; and some days, more feminine and even the days where I feel like neither gender. Some genderfluid people even feel a mix of the two traditional genders.
    This doesn't change anything about me, I just wanted to get this off my chest, and tell you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've also added a comic strip, kind of explaining genderfluid, and a definition.

2. Jediknight36

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Short, sweet, and to the point. I like it.

3. candyjiru

I think it's great! It explains the word so your parents can understand it without having to google it, and it keeps you in the equation and keeps it personal~ Good luck with it and I hope that it all goes well ^^