1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Think I'm coming out too fast.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by cyclops79, May 21, 2015.

1. cyclops79

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So over the last week, I've been telling people about my bisexuality. And I feel like I'm just blurting it out every time I get a chance. No thought about it at all, people's reactions or whatever. Haven't had a bad reaction yet, so I think it's just going too well.

2. Gen

Gen

Coming out is something that we will always do. Whenever we meet someone new, in casual conversations, etc. As long as you feel that you are prepared to deal with the emotions that can come as a result of it, then I would consider this a positive.

Good luck with the future conversations though! Hopefully, the good reactions will keep rolling in. :slight_smile:

3. Broods

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some people spend years worrying about other people's reactions instead of living their lives honestly, and openly. I think it's great that you have been able to tell so many people, and have put your own happiness first. Embrace the positive reactions, and try not to think "it's going too well" because there is no hard and fast rule to how well people should react or how many people you "should" tell. Coming out is different for every person; some people receive a lot of support, while others have a more difficult time. I think instead of stressing that someone is going to react poorly, you should instead be grateful for all the positivity. Keep telling anyone and everyone you feel comfortable with - sometimes people may surprise you :slight_smile: