1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush on a coworker

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by buriedinhw7, Dec 1, 2008.

1. buriedinhw7

I've been at my job a fairly long time now, and I've worked at many many locations. I can walk into 90% of the stores in my district and at least one person will know me.

Until now I have not had the misfortune to be attracted to any of my coworkers or management. I think I make it worse the more I think about it. I can usually talk myself out of it when not at work (which isn't often unfortunately) and lately she's been working the same shifts. At first we didn't really think much of each other, mostly because everyone thinks my section are full of pompous jerks that only hang out with each other, but everyone usually finds that I try and get to know most people no matter which half they work in. We're a family!

So we finally got to talking... and she has the cutest laugh so I can't help but make her laugh every chance I get. But I don't know what to do!

It's fairly easy when she's around to convince myself I'm not attracted to her. (Isn't it always?) But then I'll see her and she'll flash a big smile or giggle and I'm back at square one. :bang:

I don't know what to do.

Pretty much every one at work (including her) know I'm gay so that's not an issue. I'm hoping it'll just be one of those short term girl crushes and not the bad ones that last ages. I just don't know what to do! I like her so naturally I make an ass out of myself every time she's around, and I don't think it'd be good if I suddenly stopped talking to her. :help:

2. Peter

How about an off-the-wall comment... one day, when she makes you laugh, when she brings you a coffee or a doughnut or whatever, why not just casually say "God! At times like this, I could kiss you!" - see her reaction. She knows you are gay, she is OK with it. That is a simple remark that even straight people could say, no offence meant. If she backs off, just say "hey, no panic, not that way! Hahaha."