1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I nearly came out....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by alx247, May 24, 2015.

1. alx247

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sooo....
    I go to a boarding school and i am in the 13/14 year group.
    I am in a small dorm with 2 other guys.
    Due to the nature of 13/14 year old boys, being gay is not cool and people use homophobic comments as a result and i didn't want to seem gay so i did too.
    For some reason i don't remember i was using such terms.
    Later when one of them had fallen asleep and it was after (i was talking to who i considered one of my very close friends even if we had only been friends a few months but i also had/have a massive crush on him) i was talking to him about this girl he likes, who the other guy in the dorm is going out with so you know :dry:
    I was saying that i feel like i don't have that i don't really have any really close friends and he said he felt like i was one of his closest friends and so i said that i had something to tell him, and it might seem weird seeing as what i said earlier (the homophobic stuff) but then i just couldn't say it. :bang: (Also he mentioned quite earlier before that he had gay friends and there was nothing bad about them)
    And so i said to him it didn't matter and he said its your choice if you want to say it or not (almost as if he was expecting me to say it)
    But i didn't want to say it incase he started acting all weird in the dorm and like making sure i don't see him with no top etc.

Anyway any advice is welcome and thanks for reading :thumbsup::smilewave

2. Kj802

If you know that he had Gay friends and had no problem with it than its safe to assume he is t actually homophobic. If you're not ready to come out then don't. But it sounds like he is one of your closest friends. It also sounds like he may suspect that your gay, although I'm not entirely sure. If you do come out. Make sure to explain everything so he knows exactly, why you acted homophobic. Make sure he knows to keep it a secret unless you say he can tell. Etc etc. Most of all make sure you can trust him. Good luck.

3. Foz

Foz Guest

I used to be a professional teenager :grin: and there is a lot of things boys say (especially at that age) which is all talk and not actually serious. Being gay is so common now that personal perceptions have changed so much, given that 1 in 15 (6.5%) of people admit to being gay/bi it is impossible that you are the only one! You'll find that the number of people in your school who are genuinely homophobic is very low.

As for your friend, he knows, he's just waiting for you to say it. As for people changing how they act, very few will actually even even think to not get topless in front of you (that was the best bit of PE in school :lol:slight_smile:. I was pretty close to coming out a few days ago too, I made a thread about it you might find helpful - http://emptyclosets.com/forum/coming-out-advice/178979-im-think-my-mum-knows-what-next.html :slight_smile: