1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issues since coming out, regret accepting being gay. (long)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LaCharca, May 24, 2015.

1. LaCharca

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello, this is my second account here since for some reason I'm unable to login to my former one and had to create a new one so this would be my 205th post.

I came out as gay a year ago and since then things have been interesting. My life has literally changed completely. I believe I've become a lot happier with myself and am pretty open about my sexuality, my friends accept and me and my family does as well, but two things continues to bother me - I haven't found a partner and I still haven't had sex - and yes I'm pretty sure I'm gay.

I'm actually completely bewildered. Although I personally don't think highly of myself physically in college I appear to most as a ladies man, almost to an unreal level. I attract extremely beautiful women and before coming out went out with one for two months that is considered among the most beautiful at my college, now she's my best friend. I don't have a great body, but somehow people constantly say I'm beautiful and that my confidence is amazing. I don't see myself this way. Despite all this adoration I can't seem to get a single guy to like me. I don't understand. Well, at least I mean guys I actually want to meet instead of in the clubs where a lot of guys that want to have sex with me appear.

I haven't been asked on a date and I haven't met anyone yet. It frustrates me because I thought it would be so easy when I came out but it has been hell. Granted not a whole lot of people can tell I'm gay, I have an extremely masculine voice and walk so everyone assumes I'm straight until I finally come out and they're in shock. Could that be a reason?

I even tried to the whole online dating thing, but most guys don't even bother to message me which puzzles me when I have a huge list of beautiful women asking me out. I find that weird.

I would say that in college a lot of guys look at me, sometimes stare at me, but I'm not quite sure if it's because they like me or not. I'm bad at telling if a guy likes me that way so I assume that maybe they are gazing at me for another reason and not necessarily because they are attracted to me, though I've gotten straight friends of mine saying "If I were gay I'd bang you." I take it jokingly, but I wonder if I might not be so bad looking after all.

I guess I'm a romantic, I honestly want to be with someone, even if it's is not the "right one" but at least someone I actually like, instead of having sex. I'm highly self conscious. Although I dress amazingly and people constantly compliment me, without clothing I do have a lot of stretch marks. I lost 130 pounds way to quickly and my whole body is covered with them, which makes me quite scared to take my shirt off even in private. I would love to experiment further with guys, since I did do it once, but this holds me back as I feel the person might see it badly.

Any advice on my problems? I feel like coming out was actually worse since at first it felt great but as the months pass I appear to be lonelier.

2. AKTodd

You might look at meetup.com and see if there are any LGBT/LGBT friendly groups in your area you could become involved with. You could also see if there is an LGBT community center in the area and what functions they have going on. Or volunteer at it. There might also be LGBT friendly church denominations in your area if you're of a more religious inclination. That could get you started on building a circle of friends, some of which might turn into more than friends or might introduce you to someone who might become more than a friend.

You're also allowed to ask people out - it's not just a one way street:slight_smile:

Regarding the stretch marks - I'd suggest talking to your doctor about what might be done about them.

Hope this helps,

Todd