1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's stopping me?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by blurryface, May 24, 2015.

1. blurryface

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi guys,

I'm 18 (almost 19) and I'm bisexual. I'm out to friends and I'm out at college but I'm not out to my family.

I can understand with a lot of them because they're really judgemental and quite scary people but I don't understand what's stopping me from telling my mum.

We have a good bond and she's always said she'd support me no matter what as long as I was happy. She even said ages ago she wouldn't care if I was gay. I know she's be cool with it but I just can't seem to do it. Why is it so hard for me to tell her I'm bisexual when she would support me? I don't get it but it's like I physically can't.

Any advice?

2. bekiboxer05

bekiboxer05 Guest

im not also out in my family yet and I only choose frineds whom I can trust with to tell the truth. It takes a lot of guts to do that.

But as to your mom, what im doing, is im trying to drop hints like when i go out I always mentioned that im with my "friend" who is actually my boyfriend and sometimes when its late I sleep over his place. My mom dont care as long as she knew who im with but obviously im always with my "friend".

Right now all im thinking is if they ask me about myself. I would tell the truth. but its weird that they are not but sometimes teases me. haha

but relax, there will be the right time and like you im looking forward to that. its not easy but well get there! cheers.