1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some help big time!!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by whitefang, Dec 1, 2008.

1. whitefang

So I made my friend mad, that was three weeks ago....
    Today was the frist time since then that I have talked to him and he said that we weren't friends anymore. I love that kid so much!!!! He was everything to me....

Another problem is would my life be better if everyone knew I was gay at school? Or would they seek to destroy the very thing that I am and make my life a living hell?:bang::icon_sad::help::help::tears::***:
    Please help me.....

2. biisme

Can you give us any more information about what happened between you and your friend? And, did neither of you talk to each other for three weeks?

I think one thing that you have to do is show him that you really still want to be his friend. If you made him mad, and then didn't talk to him for weeks, I'm thinking that probably hurt him a lot. He might be thinking that he doesn't want to jump right back into things for fear of getting hurt again. Try and talk to him again.

As for whether your life would be better at school, it really all depends on the students. Are they homphobic?

3. whitefang

Well he is bi and I was asking him out.... and he said no then I got mad.......

4. whitefang

IDK if they are homophobic

5. Trystan

mm getting mad cos he said no was probably not good... I guess though that you had some other reason inside you that made you mad? Maybe work out what they were and [tell us if you want] talk to him about it, get it all out in the open and try not to be too confrontal?

6. whitefang

I kinda do.....
    I don't think he even wants to ever talk to me again.....

7. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Even if he said no, that doesn't mean that he is homophobic. It could just mean that he doesn't have the same feelings for you that you might have for him. Asking someone out is difficult, and yes it is disappointing when they decline, but try not to get mad at him. Try to see it as a learning experience. Maybe try talking to him again and reiterate that you do want to be his friend and that he means a lot to you.

No worries, you will find someone that wants to go out with you too.

In regards to coming out at school, I think it's always best to take it slow and maybe confide in people that you trust the most. It seems that you are unsure as to what reactions you might get. Ask yourself, do I have enough support at the school should it not go too well? Why do I want to come out to the school? If you are unsure as to what the answers are, I think it would be good if you could hold off with it.

Hope this helps!

8. Trystan

maybe write it all down as carefully as you can and then email/text/snail-mail him it? especially snail-mail - he might feel inclined to read it beacuse you made more of an effort to contact him. msn/phone/email/text is so easy, so that might work better.
    get some thoughts out on this thread, and we'll try and guide you through some kind of message to him maybe...?

9. whitefang

But once he is mad he dose not like u anymore....

I think it would b best to come out to the school....

10. Trystan

okay i'll give in on that one...

coming out at school... don't tell the whole school you're gay, just let a few close friends know and say yes when other people ask.

11. whitefang

ill may try that but idk about it.....

i have some thing eles on my mind....

12. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try talking to him or as Trystan suggested e-mail him. Choose your words carefully. Be honest with him about your feelings for him but at the same time respect his decision. Yes, he might be mad but why is he mad at you? I think you should tell him that you are sorry that you have reacted this way. If this person really means this much to you, then I think it would be worthwhile to try salvaging the friendship. But you need to be willing to take the first step, and say 'listen I am sorry for the way I reacted. There was no reason for me to get mad at you. I don't want to lose your friendship.'

If you think that it is best for you to come out at school, then try to think about how best to go about it. But also ask yourself why you want to do it. Don't just do it for the sake of doing it.

13. Trystan

you can pm me if you're feeling awkward about writing it on here... I'll try and be helpful :S

14. whitefang

Brandon........:tantrum::***::***::***::tantrum::tantrum::***::***::***:
    He makes me angry!!!!!!!!!!
    He is the only one that makes fun of me out of 3,000 kidas in my school

15. Trystan

why does he make fun of you? I thought you weren't out, so there must be some other reason, right? :S
    Damn, 3,000 kids is a big school!

16. whitefang

No he dose not know but I am out to close friends