1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How will everyone take it?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TheAshford, May 25, 2015.

1. TheAshford

For the past few weeks, I've been dreading this decision.

I want to come out. Finally.

I've come out to my closest and dearest friend, and she took it really well. The next step, for me, is to come out to my family. My brother always tells me it wouldn't matter if I was LGBT or not, but I still get nervous to tell him. He always talks to me about women and things like that, as he thinks I'm straight since I always deny being gay (I'm bi, BTW).

Aside from my brother, I'm extremely scared to tell my parents. My whole life, my parents and I have had a great bond, but just yesterday my dad was telling my brother and I that he wanted us to be more religious and more into biblical studies. That was what poured anxiety over me. How am I supposed to tell my conservative Christian father that I'm bi?

The whole situation has me scared shitless, and I'm terrified that my parents will be disappointed in me or they just won't accept me for who I am.

What should I do about it? Any advice is appreciated :help::help::help:

2. katwat

Maybe take a small step forward. If your brother has said it would not matter to him then tell him first. Having one more person supporting you will make you feel stronger. If you think that your mother would be more open-minded perhaps you could tell her next. With the love and support of both of them you would be on more stable ground to speak with your father.

However you chose to move forward, I wish you only the best. Hopefully you will be met with the love and acceptance you deserve.

3. Gabe27

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ^THIS^

If you think your brother will accept you, you maybe should tell him before telling your parents. And I know how you feel, I wanted to tell my mother the same thing this weekend but I was too scared lol.

4. TheAshford

Thanks for the advice. It seems like that'll work, so I guess I can start from this. Thanks (*hug*)