1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discontent because of boredom?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gumtree, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Gumtree

Okay so I am on extended holidays because I was requested to sign out of school early (no idea why).

Now that sounded great at first, but now i'm just so bored.

The problem is that no one else is on holidays! Everyone is either at school or working and I'm having to spend my days at home doing the same thing over and over!

I can't get a job until I go away (after xmas) mainly because my town is tiny and there's no employment here.

I need to find something to do because the more im bored the more I think about the negatives in my life (Which are rather small and insignificant) and it's getting depressing!

Believe me, there isn't a spot of dust in the house or leaf out of place in the garden anymore.

If only it wasn't summer, I could do something like bike riding or swimming or even a volunteer group, but most of those are impossible here in summer due to 40-45oC days.

2. No One

Masturbate lol that always helps me when im bored

3. Gumtree

LoL I think I'm officially empty ATM ^^

4. Level N Human

Boy howdy.

._.

Umm.. go play Mother 3. If you don't know what that is, then I have killed some of your time by having you look into it!. :grin: While you're at it, play Mother 1 and 2 and Rhythm Tengoku as well.

Or you can build a fort, I don't know. :grin:

Make a painting...

Try cooking new recipes...

Talk in first person plural for the rest of the week...

5. Or, talk in third person limited in the morning and third person omniscient in the afternoon.

Meditate for the meaning of life.

Pursue alchemy and attempt to turn quicksilver into gold.

Have an out-of-body experience.

6. Gumtree

I swear I have done all of those alreasy!

Seriously, I painted a wall, I meditated for like 3 hours ( that includes my out of body experience of course) I have had conversations with myself in both first and third person!

I even invented a new type of Pizza base, it's about to finish baking now - I wonder how it will turn out...

7. Run all the way to Iowa. I don't care that they're not connected by land, run anyways. That oughta give you something to do!

Or... build a solar car. Build a computer. Build a highrise apartment building.

8. Gumtree

You sir, make feeling sorry for yourself extremely difficult.

9. starfish

The world becomes a very dangerous place when I am bored.

When I have nothing else to do I'll spend a lot of time surfing wikipedia. I'll have picked up so much knowledge that way it is not funny.

I tend to tinker when I am bored. I'll find something that is broke and I'll fix it. If I can't find anything to fix I'll build something. In the past I have built a paint ball gun, a flywheel powered car, a trebuchet, a playdoh cannon, hundreds of airplanes from various materials. That is just the stuff I remember off the top of my head, there hundred of silly little things I have built over the years. All of this stuff I have built from stuff I found laying around the house.

To be honest I can see this news interview in my future:

News guy: I am speaking to Mr. Starfish who built the world's first self sustaining fusion reactor. Can you tell us why you built it.
    Me: I was bored.
    News guy: You were bored.
    Me: Yes
    News guy: Can we see it.
    Me: No I took it apart and used the parts to build a cat flinger.
    Cat flying across the screen: merrrrrooooooooowwwwwwww
    News guy: A what, why would you do that.
    Me: I had nothing better to do.

Man that would make an awesome XKCD comic.

10. Um.. is that a good thing? :grin:

I have plenty of things that you could do, so don't complain about boredom. Would you be interested in writing a history paper or three?

11. RaRa

Have you tried just walking around, to a park, around the block? Anything like that? Maybe you can meet some new people to hang out with and help you occupy your time with.

12. Gumtree

Och half this town is related to me, and I know rest of them anyway.

And im actually interested in your history paper idea - is it Ancient or Modern?

If it's ancient I will do it for you, if it's modern; not a chance in hell.

13. Umm... it's world history, Post-Classical era.

14. Evanfan

well.. i was bored over the summer.. and i had a dream.. i didnt understand much.. but there was this lady in it.. and she was like.. creepy/cool.. so i decided to make up a little story about why she dressed how she did.. and why she acted the way she did.. eventually i ended up with 3 chapters.. and i'm currently working on the fourth.. so my short story idea turned into a book.. and well.. all you really need when you're bored is your imagination and a bit of inspiration.. then you can do many, many things

15. ColdSnap

xD lmfao, i'm such an english nerd >_<

16. Nugget

I say run for congress!!1