1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I Take the Risk?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gakmstr, May 27, 2015.

1. Gakmstr

I attend a Christian school, so finding people I can come out to is a challenge. Recently, I've become kind-of friends with this one girl who I'm 100% sure is okay with gay guys and gay rights as a whole. (I also have a straight girl crush on her, but that's another problem). I feel like she would be accepting if I told her I'm gay.
    However, I've had some shit coming out experiences to the point where my teacher and principal are on high alert. I'm planning to tell her when she's graduating, but we'll still be in the school. Another thing is I don't exactly know how to tell her. I don't want to randomly pull her over and say it; that seems selfish and awkward. I'm looking for a moment where we somehow end up alone. I also don't know her feelings about lesbians exactly, just gay men. And like any coming out experience, there's always the chance it could go terribly, terribly wrong. However, her support would mean the absolute world to me.
    Should I go for it or is this a stupid idea? :help:

2. YinYang

I say go for it. If she is accepting, great! If not, it will probably hurt, but it's not the end of the world. And from what I've read, she sounds very accepting. Just try to find a good time to say it, don;t just spring it on her one random day. Maybe ease her into it by telling her about a female 'friend' who is gay. Hope this helps! (*hug*)

3. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah like YinYang said, just give it a shot! I think she'll accept you for who you are.