1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with the Family

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ArtsySpider, May 28, 2015.

1. ArtsySpider

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm a genderqueer lesbian who is having a ton of trouble. My family is entirely devout, uber Christians. I respect their beliefs, and have my own, but I don't know what to do.

I came out some time ago, around 2-3 years...My mom's been leaning constantly from sort of accepting to not at all, but it seems she's finally made up her mind.
    She won't accept "any of that lifestyle" into her house and the whole speech.

This frustrates me because of a myriad of reasons but...What do I do? She stalks my browsing history and such and refuses to talk about anything involving my beliefs.
    As far as she's concerned, I basically can't do shit until I'm 18...and from how she said the whole "I'm your mother and have control until you're 18" thing, I feel the next 3 years will be too suffocating for me to bear and I'm afraid. I have major anxiety and depression as is, then recently being diagnosed with some sort of hallucinatory issue, It's getting harder and harder to go on...

I don't know what to do anymore.

2. YinYang

You need to explain to your mother that this is who you are and it will not go away. Isn't God supposed to accept everybody, no matter what? (I'm not religious, so I'm not sure) She needs to accept the fact that you can't change who you are. Just tell her that.

3. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's really rough. I don't think I can directly help you with your situation, but here: I'm quoting what someone said to me, which was quoting his views on Christians and LGBT stuff.

her username on EC is Im Hazel

I hope you found that useful! I know your situation is really really bad, but just hang in there!(*hug*)

#3 The Purple One3, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2015