1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being outed by friend's sister!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jolly Roger, May 28, 2015.

1. Jolly Roger

So I finally worked up the courage to tell my bi friend that I was also a part of the club. She took it relatively well and I thought my secret was safe. HOW WRONG I WAS! It turns out that her sister took the phone and read the conversation that me and my friend were having, and then proceeded to tell my sister who is a good friend of hers. I don't know what to do; my sister keeps pestering me about it. I would love to tell her the truth but if I told her then she would make a gigantic production out of it, and probably tell everyone in a 100 mile very conservative radius. And my lies aren't holding up, my sister can read body language like a damn professional poker player :bang: . My friends, it looks like I might be officially screwed. Any advice would be prodigiously appreciated.

2. gasian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hmm...this might work, but it might not:

Tell your sister that you like girls. Since you're bi, you like both girls and guys, yes? Technically you're telling the truth...

I'm sorry that your friend's sister decided to do that. Would it help if you got your friend to tell her/his sister that you two were joking? Since your lies don't work, maybe your friend's lies will?

Worst comes to worst, you explain to your sister that she needs to keep her mouth shut over this particular issue. I have a sister like this, who learned it from my non-interest in girls, and she knows that outing me is paramount to suicide...at least until I head to college.

No matter what, good luck.

3. bajel

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yikes. How old is your sister?
    If your friend is out, maybe say you were just trying to make them feel better? Even if your friend is out, check with them on that one first because that might complicate their life.
    Are you ready to come out? How do you think your family would react?
    You could sit down your sister and explain that this isn't a game, if your parents react badly it would take the quality of your life down and it would be her fault.

good luck!