1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who am I?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AJWorld, Dec 2, 2008.

1. AJWorld

Hi evryone :slight_smile: Im new here how are you all?

Right now im very confused about my sexuality . Im a 14 year old girl and still at school. My family are very homophobic and I have no friends at school. I have no one to talk to it seems that where I come from evryone thinks that liking the other sex is right and anything other than that is wrong. I've never really been intrested in boys at all unlike the other girls at my school. I've never kissed anyone had a boyfriend or anything like that I wouldnt know what it was like to fancy or like someone. My mum says im time I will find a lovley boy and settle down but somehow I can't see myself doing that. Other peoples bad feelings are projecting onto me. I have these flashes thinking about what a relationship with a woman or man would be like then moments later I shut off again feeling like its wrong. I feel far more able to relate to a woman than a man about things. What advice could you give me?

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post. All advice is welcome. Have a nice day. :smilewave

2. ColdSnap

well firstly at your age it can still be rather early to know for sure, I guess the first fundamental question to ask is if you imagine someone that turns you on, what gender are they? you say you feel able to relate better to women, but which do you feel you fancy, honestly, boys or girls? :slight_smile:

3. Cool Beans

First off, welcome to EC. You've come to the right place for advice and support on the matter.

As to your question... I'm not going to try to tell you that you're straight, bi, a lesbian, or any other label, and I would recommend against trying to assign yourself any such label. You're young; you don't have to be sure of your sexual orientation at this point. It could be months or even years before you really know that. But I want to stress this: whatever you find out you are, it's okay. There's absolutely nothing wrong with you if you end up liking other girls, guys, or both. My advice is to take your time on this journey of self-discovery and keep talking to us. We're all here for you. (*hug*)

4. AJWorld

Thank you for your messages you have been a grate help. Hope to speek to you again soon.

#4 AJWorld, Dec 2, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  5. Jim1454

Hi there and welcome to EC.

I would also say that at 14 you don't need to feel rushed or pressured to figure anything out in your life. Don't believe what you see in HSM! People don't fall in love and dance around in the rain on the roof of their highschool! Many people here were much older than you before they had any kind of relationship with anyone.

Remain open minded. Don't be influenced by the negative or narrow minded people around you (although I know that's easier said than done). Regardless of whether you're gay or straight or somewhere in between (which I believe is where everyone falls - not 100% one OR the other) it's important to keep an open mind and be supportive of all types of people.

So don't sweat it right now. Focus on school. Be open and friendly and get involved in stuff. That's how you meet people and prepare yourself for life in general.