1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worried i'll come out semi-professional

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by woodlandbats, May 29, 2015.

1. woodlandbats

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi all,

This is going to seem like a weird fear (at least I think). I am considering coming out [see "coming out 'not straight'"] and I am worried that i will come out and then there will be all is pressure on me to 'know the stuff'.

It sounds stupid I know, but I have only recently (within the last three months), properly, seriously thought about coming out, and I have read MINIMAL online advice. Do I really need to swat up on stuff before I come out? Do I need to spend a minimal amount of time on this and similar websites before being "sure"? Is throwing myself in the deep end too rash, or perhaps naive?? I seriously do not know.

I'm worried my apathy (and i'm worried about my apathy too [future thread to come]) will get in the way of a smooth outing, but I'm also worried that if I don't seize the moment (given my circumstances- see previous post), my moment will fade along with my confidence and complaincey in being 'straight'.

PLEASE HELP! :slight_smile:

Thanks xx