1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Complaisance with my fake image

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by woodlandbats, May 29, 2015.

1. woodlandbats

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey again, third post of the day, hope you can help! :newcolor:

In my mind, I have hidden my true self for so long that I have become complacent- I have become apathetic to my identity. It's just feels like I have made my fake image my fantasy world, why should anyone know? There is no reason to come out. You're straight probably maybe. You are finneee with how life is I have all these subconscious thoughts, because that is how my identity has become- subconscious: it is not on my mind and never has been.... until recently.

I feel like the only way I can overcome this apathy is my admitting it to other people, because I feel I can't break away from my own apathy. I need and want to come out and now is the time.

But does anyone/ has anyone ever been in a similar situation before? Of just lacking the motivation to admit it to yourself? and what happens/ happened next?

Thanks again xx

2. Spacetime

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I felt this way throughout most of my teens. I alternated between "I can't be gay," to, "I should try to be straight." I wasn't attracted to that many girls in school, but the people I were attracted to were exclusively female. I was afraid of coming out, to myself and to other people, because I didn't want it to be a big part of my identity. Sexuality isn't always a large part of a person's identity (it can be, and that's fine too). It isn't for me.

Coming out to oneself is hard, and it can take a while. I don't know that I can offer much advice on that. From my experience, I would just suggest that you don't try to discount or excuse instances where you have been attracted to any gender. (I know I tried to do that.) If you're trying that hard to deny something in your head, you probably shouldn't.

Being closeted made me feel like being a lesbian was this big, scary thing, even that I knew that it wasn't. Letting my loved ones know this in a casual manner, assured me that it wasn't.

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense. Just my thought process. Good luck!